8: Peace of Mind

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

(please read)

A/N - Hello, it's been a hot minute since I've last updated, hasn't it? I would like to sincerely apologize for the lateness of this chapter. On April 30, almost a full month ago, my laptop, for some reason, wouldn't turn on. I tried my best overnight to fix it but, upon further inspection of its components, I realized that there wasn't any way I was bringing it back - my laptop had finally died. The reasoning behind its inability to turn on has to do with the actual charging port, not the charger itself so I can't even replace it to fix the issue. It's an older laptop model and I didn't feel like it would be worth the money to get that part of my laptop fixed - I'd rather get a new laptop with that kind of money if I had to be honest.

If you're worried that I might have lost some of my fanfictions, it's alright, I haven't lost any of the documents. I write all of my fanfictions on Google Docs now rather than Word so everything syncs up no matter what device I'm on.

This rather long author's note is really just me wanting you readers to know that, from now on, chapters are going to be significantly delayed and/or have a long period between each posted one. I'm currently writing on my tablet and/or phone - which is the last resort if my tablet isn't charged - which is incredibly difficult to write on. Although, I have been able to use my mom's PC while she's at work to save time. However, with my current work schedule, I just don't have the time to work on the story or I'm too exhausted to. This is just me saying that it will take longer for each chapter to be written.

For those who're probably going to say that I just purchase a new one, I don't have the privilege of being able to buy what I want/need at any given moment - I don't have the money currently to get a new laptop. The money I have right now needs to go towards my car that needs some repairs - getting my car to 100% is more important to me than getting another laptop or computer at the moment. I don't make enough per paycheck to just fix all I need to on my car - it's taken me almost a month to just have enough savings to get my car into the shop so it'll be even longer until I get a laptop, unfortunately. I have gotten a promotion as well as a small pay raise so, hopefully, it won't be too long.

Relating to the story, if the chapter feels off or is written rather oddly, please remember that I am not able to write at a computer where things are easier to see/read/write. Please have patience with my current writing style, especially if it isn't that detailed in the way my previous chapters have been. And, to finally end this little life update, I just want to say that I'm in a weird limbo of living paycheck-to-paycheck and I apologize for the future delays on this story. Thank you for being patient with me and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

A bead of sweat trailed down Naruto's face, using the side of his arm to wipe it away before it could contaminate anything. If he'd been at the hospital, he'd have some gear to keep anything bodily of his away from his current patient but, as he was currently in the woods, the boy would have to make do. Focused blue eyes stared intently at the injured deer lying in front of him, pained, scared noises coming out of the young buck's mouth every now and then. Green waves of healing chakra flowing from his hands as Teruya's words heeded him carefully in his head, reminding him of what to do and how to do it properly. Gritting his teeth, the blond-haired academy student pushed himself harder.

It had been a little over a month since the Uchiha clan's downfall as well as his new volunteer position at the hospital and, in that short amount of time, Naruto had probably learned more from the other nurses and doctors - Teruya especially - than he had working on his own for a little under a year. For starters, learning how to accurately direct and utilize medical ninjutsu in an efficient manner was a key part of his lessons. It turns out that Naruto hadn't been using the right technique to revive the fish corpse in the medic revival practice scroll and, if he had continued with his path of being self-taught with no guidance on what to do, Teruya warned that he would have seriously hurt himself in the long run.