Reader x Law. Silent vow.

-AN-
Ok, I'm just going to say ahead of time, that there is no conversation or story line in this. It's simply 'your' thoughts on Law and his past. It'll be quite a dark, angst-y one. And will (hopefully) be quite profound. I hope you enjoy this, the inspiration for this fan fiction was a quad of pictures of Law growing up. I'll put one of them as the cover.

Many would view Trafalgar Law as a vile, hot-headed pirate who would act before he thought. To those people, you would say nothing. Simply implant a nice bullet in the frontal lobe of their brain.

You knew a lot. A lot more then you should, at that. About him. His past, his parents, friends and enemies. You learned of how he was tortured day and night with the memory of watching those he loved burn into ashes.

You learned of Rosinante. His saviour. His guardian angel. His friend. You knew of his sacrifice, and the brutal, physical torture that your dear captain received soon after, as a mere child.

And so those who thought of him as a murderous, good for nothing, sea dog... were the true filth in your eyes. As they have never, will never, see the mental scars that the man adapted from his youth.

You knew, that should the average person spend a day, no, an hour in his shoes... they would have caved in quicker than a house made of sand.

But that led you to another question.

How?

How had the man you call your captain, stayed so strong? Yes, there were times he had cried, times he cursed his own life, times where he was sure death would be a much sweeter path than the current one he walks, he never let this show, however. He held it inside,where it broke his will to live apart,slowly. Yet, he still held on.

That's because he is a fighter.

One of the few men in this world, born to struggle until their last breath, just to seek vengeance. You could see it. Day in, day out. The confliction of whether what he was doing, was right or wrong. But it didn't matter. Because behind those ash-Gray eyes, was a mind fogged up with the mist of resentment.

You knew that no matter if he deemed his murderous intent upon the 'heavenly demon' as right or wrong, his mind was too far gone to restrain the hatred that clawed to the surface. And that very hatred, would,no matter what, bring end to the shichibukai that ruined him.

And so you fought beside him. The man who struggled to simply uphold the strength to stay alive. The man who had, even in his mentally weak state, took the role of captain upon his shoulders. He was a true fighter.

Despite his oath to kill as many people as possible in this world, he had taken it upon himself to nurture the broken, provide a haven to the weak, and lend his depleting strength to those suffered as he did.

And so, in this world so full of treachery and treason. The judgmental and the unfaithful. You had swore to protect him. Not only as his subordinate, but as his friend. You silently vowed to yourself to nurture him to the fullest he could be. And maybe, just maybe, he would be able to smile sincerely at the end of the day.

Once that became possible, you would have reached your ultimate goal of freeing the broken child locked inside. Because that's what he was. No one else ever saw it, but it was a fact. He was not a vicious killer, mad-man, nor was he a surgeon of death.

He wad simply a broken child...

... left alone and neglected within himself, crying out for liberation.

-AN-
I would like to stress that this is all of my own work.(Aside from the picture) I have no problem with you guys sharing, or adopting the same outlook on Law and his life. But please, do not claim ownership. This is by far, my best piece of work and it took at least an hour. (That's a long time for me.) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading. And yes, this is my personal outlook on Law and his life.