[8] - 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

BILLY PLAYED WITH SPARKY in the living room while the rest of the family watched.

"Sit, Sparky, sit." He gave him a treat after obeying, "Good dog. Now speak."

Sparky barked, and it brought a smile to his face. "Nice, Sparky. Now spin."

Sparky did as he was told, and Y/N was impressed. Wanda, Tommy, and Vivian applauded.

"Oh! Bravo, Billy!" Wanda exclaimed.

"You weren't so bad either, Sparky." Y/N made sure to give the dog his props.

"That was radical." Tommy chimed in.

"Where's uncle Vis? We gotta show him!" Vivian stood up from the couch as was prepared to run with her brothers to find him.

"Oh, he's...he's at work." Wanda told them.

"He's taking some of my work load today. Yours truly had the day off." Y/N added.

"But...it's Saturday." Billy replied.

"No, it's not. It's Monday." Wanda responded.

"This morning was Saturday." Vivian told her mom.

Y/N rose a brow, looking at his wife upon realizing that it was indeed a different day just hours earlier.

"There was an emergency at the office and Vision had to go in." Wanda rebutted.

"Then why did dad stay home?" Tommy asked.

"You know your uncle. He's the go-to technology guy. Your father on the other hand..."

"Hey..." Y/N remarked.

"...is more old school."

"I'm older than him but that doesn't mean I'm old old."

"How old are you, dad?" Tommy asked.

"Well, I'm..." Y/N thought about it, but couldn't say a number. At first, it seemed like an easy question to answer, but the more he tried to recall, the less he remembered.

"I...I don't know." He looked at Wanda, who seemed just as confused as him. Suddenly, Sparky barked and leaped out of Billy's arms. The dog ran to the door.

"Something's scaring him, mom." Vivian said.

Sparky continued to growl as Wanda stared into blank space while in her thoughts. She had a feeling of what it could be.

"Stay here." She told them.

"Wanda?" Y/N asked as she stood up from the couch and walked out the door. The kids and dog followed, in which Y/N decided to do so as well.

Up in the sky was a drone. It wasn't anything like Y/N's ever seen. He stood beside his children.

"Wanda, this is Captain Monica Rambeau. Can you hear me?" A voice came from the drone. "I just want to talk. That's it."

"Wanda?" Y/N held Tommy by his side, "What is that?"

Wanda didn't respond, and titled her head at the sight of the drone. Her eyes glowed red.

Suddenly, the drone activated a small blaster from its side. It charged, and Y/N's eyes widened. He was about to act, but Wanda did it for him. She quickly raised her hand and shot it down with a psionic blast.

The wreckage of the drone laid on the pavement as it smoked. Wanda walked up to it.

"Wanda? What the hell was that?" Y/N kept asking. She simply picked up the downed drone and looked at her family.