[08] home

┌────────────┐MADDIE ALBAH└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

HOME
▬▬▬▬
NINE DAYS LATER

LAYING DOWN, she stared up at the ceiling as her salty tears streamed down the sides of her face, so cold against her caramel skin. She had her small fingers by her neck, fidgeting with the pearl teardrop necklace her father had given her. Her birthday was just over a week ago. It was also known as the day she walked straight into a kidnapper's hideout.

How unbelievably stupid and naïve of her to trust him the second she had laid eyes on him. Maybe it was because he had saved her from being raped by three men, who were probably — at least — ten years older than she was. The instant attraction to the person who saved her, clouding her eyes from seeing the red flags. However, he turned out to be just as horrible as the group of three.

As her cognac eyes stared upwards, feeling each single tear slip from her puffy red eyes. She could only imagine what Reece had in store for her.

Raping her.

Using her as a pathetic little pet as he stares down at her, a sinister grin on his thin lips.

Or — as she had thought of before — murdering her just for the complete thrill of it.

Her mind went wild with the theories, creating scenarios of how each one would start and how they'll end. All of them with her dead in the conclusion, to be completely honest. Why else would he have a pocket knife that he played with like it was normal?

She felt like passing out, her head was dizzy and everytime she went to sit up, she felt sick and faint, the locality swirling around in front of her eyes. She must admit she was stubborn, and not eating anything for the past eleven days was her way of getting what she wanted — to go home.

Maddie was determined to make Reece feel bad for kidnapping her. To the point he'd just unlock her handcuffs and leave the door wide open for her to leave.

But as the days went by, the more she started to see that wasn't going to happen as her stomach punched her, causing her to groan out in agony. It wasn't the most pleasant pain, as it made her intestines feel like they were twisting and turning. She rolled onto her side, using her free hand to hold her screaming stomach and hope to settle it down. Unfortunately, it only seemed to make it worse as it growled out, the pain intensifying with each second that passed by.

Her eyes stung from continuously crying, squeezing them tightly. She assumed there were permanent tear marks on her cheeks, a visual representation of their journey. She just really wanted to go home and eat a salad, at this point she'd eat a salad of brussels sprouts. She didn't care if she hated them, she was just so hungry.