029.

THE NEW OLD FRIEND

when it's over by sugar ray

all the things that i used to know have gone out the window

A/N

I was having a hard time finding a picture of Andrew Garfield with injuries on his face and he wasn't smiling. So, here's a gif of Andrew Garfield smiling.

⸺AFTER they fought the Demogorgons, they started to head in the direction of where the Demogorgons went. They were back on the train track. Tiffany and Steve were walking beside each other and Dustin, Lucas and Max were right behind them. "You're positive that was Dart?"

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Tiffany cringed in confusion. "Why would you know what pattern is on his butt?"

Dusting ignored her and continued his conversation with Steve. "He was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?"

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Max then jumped into their conversation. "When's he gonna molt again?"

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Steve then jumped into the conversation, but he was not being helpful. "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats."

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" They all stopped walking. Dustin looked at Lucas with guilt written all over his face. "No, what? No."

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews."

"Mews? Who's Mews?"

"It's their cat." Dustin yelled at Steve for opening his mouth. "I knew it! You kept him!"

"No! No. No, I...No. He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon!" Steve and Tiffany then started to hear some noises. They stepped away from them and tried to hear the noise more clearly. "Hey, can you do your weird hearing thing where you hear things other people can't?"

"I don't control that." Conveniently, Tiffany's hearing thing came up. She started to hear someone say her name. It was a lot louder than it was before. Tiffany got scared a little and she subconsciously grabbed Steve's hand. Tiffany looked around her in fear and Steve looked at their hands. "Uh, Tiff."

Tiffany looked down at their hands and pulled her hand away. "Sorry."

"You okay?"

"I had the weird hearing thing. Someone just said my name, it's fine." Steve turned around and tried to get the kids attention. "Guys?"

They ignored him. "Guys?!" They ignored him. Tiffany then turned around and clapped her hands. "Hey! Hey! Hey!"

They looked up and heard the noise Steve and Tiffany were hearing. They started jogging towards the sound and Max was confused on why they were going towards the sound.

"No, no, no, hey guys, why are you headed towards the sound?! Hello?!" Max decided to follow after them. They were all standing on a hill, looking out to the landscape and they saw the Hawkins Lab. They heard the Demogorgons screeching. "I don't see him."