Chapter 36

N I C H O L A S

WE'VE BEEN running around for the last hour, getting all the last minute touches done and most of the people are here already which I'm relieved about because Tori just messaged me to tell me they are leaving soon. Everything has worked out perfectly and I can't be happier. The white walls are covered with balloons in Noah's favourite colors, black and green with hints of gold, not to mention the mass amount of balloons on the ceiling.

"Maybe we over did it with the balloons?" I think looking up.

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' banners are placed everywhere and there are pictures of Noah from him as a kid until now with Tori, most recently from their engagement party. Mom insisted on the pictures, which I know he'll be embarrassed by the baby pictures hanging up, but I'm not the one he'll be killing, that will be her.
   There's a table near the far end, covered in a black cloth with a two tier cake - the numbers '35' on top and all the presents people have bought so far next to it. The faint sound of music is playing from the raised floor near the back and I'm just happy Aaron was able to get a decent DJ for me. Dotted around the room are round tables that sit five to six people, matching the colour scheme of black cloths with green accents. The chatter around the room between all of our family and Noah's friends mutter lowly, a warm feeling inside me thinking how we was able to pull it off.
   The restaurant looks bare with the temporary tables and chairs, but at least the bar is fully functional. It was always the plan to keep everything simple so that Noah can pick everything he envisioned in his dream to make it now a reality. I just hoped he loved it.

"Mr Greyson?" A voice says, pulling me from my thoughts as I look around the room at all of the guests. "Everything is all set, food will be served on your cue sir," the dark haired, brown eyed girl says to me.

We had hired a party planner to deal with everything while Nat and I concentrated on making sure the building wasn't going to fall down, but the only problem was that this girl keeps trying to flirt with me. No matter how mean I am towards her, it's not working to get the message across that I'm not interested. It's like she gets a kick out of my coldness towards her, turning her on in all the right ways. But she's not her, she's not Ryan. And she's the only girl I want.

"Fine," I say coldly waving my hand at her. I don't know where Chris found this women, but the constant flirting, the eye winks, the lip biting, the short skirts and low cut tops she always wears, showing off her smooth mocha skin is not only unprofessional in my eyes, but desperate.

"Anything I can get you sir?" She says, biting her bottom lip and flicking her hair over her shoulder as she drinks in my appearance with lust.

"I know where the bar is Tiffany," I tell her not even looking at her. I know I'm cold towards her, in all honesty I'm just not interested now I have the girl I've always wanted. If Ryan wasn't in the picture then I'd jump at the chance just to get my dick wet because it's been awhile, but there's no one like my princess.

"Well, you know where I'll be if you need me," she says, placing her hand on my shoulder, "for anything," she whispers in my ear.

"This bloody woman," I think as I roll my eyes at her.

I know what your thinking. A beautiful women is throwing themselves at you and your completely ignoring her, but I've never been the one to like women who throw themselves desperately at me. I like the chase. The early stages of courting and flirting with a women before I do anything with them. Call me old fashioned but, I've always preferred the more reserved kind of women than the women who are confident and in charge from the get go.
   I've always liked the challenge of bringing out their inner vixen and every women I've been with has been like that, including Melanie and now Ryan. The only women I've been with that was outside my normal box of what I find attractive is Samatha and I always learn from my mistakes.