Ch. 9

October 30th, 2020
                                                    Atlanta, Georgia

Cali's POV

" Hello A'Kyrie. Mom and dad how are you guys doing today?" AK's pediatrician Dr. Lockett asked.

" Good." I said answering for all of us.

" Alrighty, I seen he's almost 8 months next month. So, we'll be doing a regular checkup, and he's getting  some vaccinations shots today." She said as he looked over the her clipboard.

I nodded my head as I laid him on the table. She began to weigh him, check his vitals, and listen to his heartbeat.

" Ok, A'Kyrie is definitely on track. He weigh 19 pounds, and he's a super healthy baby." She cooed as she picked him up.

" So who wants to hold him down while he gets his shots?" She asked causing me to look at Key.

" You do it. I can't do it." I said pushing him forward.

Key laughed shaking his head as he took A'Kyrie from his pediatrician, " Come on boy. You got this, I know you do son."

He laid A'Kyrie back on the table holding his arms together. Dr. Lockett took an alcohol pad rubbing the areas on his leg where she'll be injecting. She picked the needle, and stuck it into his leg. A'Kyrie began to cry.

" I'm sorry. I'm going to make the next one quick." Dr. Lockett said.

" You good mane. You good shake it off." Key said as he tried to console AK.

" I'm so sorry." Dr. Lockett said as she picked up the second one, sticking him in the other leg.

He began to cry even harder. She quickly put bandages over his legs before Key picked him up.

" You did so good A'Kyrie." Dr. Lockett said as she disposed of the used needles.

" Aww mane, I know you not crying too." Key said laughing as he looked over at me in the corner, but I didn't find shit funny.

I flipped him off as I wiped my tears. I grabbed my baby from Key's arms putting his pacifier in his mouth, hugging, and kissing him.

" Ana asf habibi , 'umiy asfa. Kulu shay' ealaa mayram." ( I'm sorry baby, mommy's sorry. It's ok.) I said in Arabic while rubbing his back.

" Ok, we'll A'Kyrie is all good to go. Schedule his next appointment with the receptionist your way out. Have a great day." Dr. Lockett smiled as she walked out.

" Shush, it's ok papa. Mommy's sorry fa letting her hurt you." I said kissing him, and rubbing his back as he still repetitively sniffled.

" Here, put his clothes back on withcho crybaby ass. I really can't believe you was in the corner crying. Wait, until I tell Woo nem this shit." Key laughed.

" Ion care bout y'all calling me a crybaby. Cause can't nun of y'all beat my ass. So fuck you, and Woo nem. I just hate seeing my baby cry or in pain. I can't take it." I said as I grabbed his clothes from Key.

" See look he good. It's just like an ass whooping. It hurts fa the time being, but afterwards you'll get the best sleep you ever got." Key said making me stare at him.

" Markeyvius, just shut the fuck up son." I lowly chucked as I shook my head.

I carefully started to put his clothes back on trying not to hurt him. Once he was back dressed, I buckled him into his car seat. Key picked up his car seat,  walking out of the room. Once we scheduled his next appointment, we walked to the truck. Key phone started to ring.