[12] game

┌────────────┐MADDIE ALBAH└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

GAME

OUTSIDE WAS gorgeous, the sun's rays shining down on the grassy fields spreading out for miles. Sometimes going past sugarcane fields as they grew trying to reach up to the fluffy white clouds. She couldn't help but watch the scenery pass by her eyes so quickly, in a blink of an eye she could be looking at some cute cows eating the green grass or at tall pretty green mountains. Yet, for some reason, she felt numb, the type of numb where her happiness was lost somewhere within her and she was trying to find it. But she didn't know where to begin.

Maddie peeled her forehead off the shaking window from the tracks, looking at the greasy spot her forehead had left and cringed. Maybe she shouldn't have done that?

Looking over to Reece, his hazel eyes were looking down at his hand, her brown ones followed as she saw a small black flip phone, his fingers pressing buttons. She watched silently, observing what he was doing as he went into his texts and clicked on a name she didn't quite catch.

Payment Receipt, it read with a file attached to it. In a split, unexpected moment she was startled, her whole body jumping in her skin at the sound of the flip phone slamming shut. She squeezed her eyes tightly in complete fright by the sound, her muscles tensing up and choosing to freeze.

"Sorry, my dear, private matters," Reece whispered to her softly just as a warm hand made comforting contact with her knee. She exhaled a heavy breath she didn't realise she was holding, and slowly opened her eyes to be met with Reece's pretty and captivating ones. The blue specks in the lower half were a little darker than usual the longer she stared into them, drowning in their colour.

"What for?" she questioned softly, furrowing her brows slightly. She watched as his eyes darted between the two of hers, almost like he was trying to find something or at least think over his next words. His facial expressions remained to a minimum, thin lips in a straight line, wrinkles between his chocolate brows as the bolts in his head turned.

He looked away and down the aisle, taking his hand off her knee along with his focus. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

Maddie furrowed her brows even more, so close they were millimetres from holding hands, due to the words that slipped from his lips. He changed the subject and she wasn't sure why he didn't want to answer. To her it was a simple answer that didn't need much detail, just a simple subject of it at least. Like, for work or something.

"Ah. . . Yes, please," she eventually whispered over to him.

He turned to look at her with a raised brow, a questioning glow in his eyes. "Both?"