[09] missing

┌────────────┐REECE LITTLE└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
REECE LITTLE
└────────────┘

MISSING

IT WAS the misery in her red-undertone brown eyes that caught him by surprise, the whites of her eyes washed over with a deep pinkish red, darker near the edges. And if he looked a bit closer he could see the veins trying to contrast against the sclera, wavy sporadic lines branching out in a fight with the whites of her eyes to be seen. It hurt him to see her upset, but the desire to keep her was too overwhelming for him to.

She fascinated him. And he wanted to know each and every one of her deepest darkest secrets. The ones she had hidden deep inside her soul and locked away, the key lost in the mess of her thoughts.

As his hazel eyes followed a tear streaming down her cheek, he wanted nothing more than to lift his hand and wipe it away with his thumb. Unfortunately, if he made any attempts at doing so, he was afraid she'd flinch and only cry more. So, he kept his distance and only helped her eat. He would usually just sit and wait for her to eat herself, but knowing what she had been doing for the last thirteen days, he didn't trust her to do it herself. She would most likely eye the food with a slight scrunch to her nose, as if he had poisoned it.

"Ready for the next bite?" he questioned softly, softening his gravel voice. He eyed her, watching as she looked up from her hands fiddling in her lap. She glanced through her long lashes and pulled in a bit of her lip, as she considered him for a moment.

Soon, she nodded her head as she then lowered her gaze from him. He absentmindedly nodded his head so lightly you could barely notice.

He lifted up the fork with a piece of cut up toast and scrambled on it, hovering it in front of her mouth. When he watched her eyes twitch toward it, she leaned forward and took the bite full. She chewed it slowly, keeping her gaze away from him. It hurt him a bit, seeing she didn't trust him to even dare look at him.

"Are you happy?" he asked slowly, trailing his hazel eyes to look at the tray of food between them on the bed. He played around with the fluffy scrambled egg with the fork. He didn't want to see the hurt in her eyes, knowing it was bound to show when she looked at him.

He heard her inhale, almost like she was trying to hold back the many tears he knew were trapped behind her beautiful cognac brown eyes. He adored the way the sunlight from outside would glow into her eyes, revealing the red tone hiding in her orbs.

"No." It was so quick and strong, the type of strong that was trying to hide how upset and scared she was. But he had assured her a few times to trust him, because he would never hurt her.