[13] disconnected

┌────────────┐MADDIE ALBAH└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

DISCONNECTED
▬▬▬▬
FOUR DAYS LATER

THE WARM, calming water ran down her back in rivers. Maddie's eyes were focused downward, eyeing the murky water from the soap she had bathed her with. He was pouring a little pinkish-red plastic cup of the water over her caramel skin, feeling it's comfort engulf her. She had a knee to her chest, anxious Reece might be able to see her naked skin.

The first time she had a bath here, she hadn't been informed he would be in the bathroom with her, sitting on the lid of the toilet seat. His hazel eyes had been nowhere in the direction of her figure in the bathtub, and instead had stared down at his lap with his arms crossed over his chest. Which she had been immensely grateful for. She didn't like people of any gender to see her body, especially seeing the white lines drawn on her caramel thighs with a dull blade from her scissors.

Reece's reaction yesterday, sent her heart into motion, fluttering with warmth, and awe in his soft eyes toward the scars. She didn't expect him to be so calm and sympathetic about it. Her initial thought was for him to grimace and turn his head away, saying how ugly it made her body look, but he did the complete opposite. And instead, he had placed his larger hand over her cheek, cupping it. The warmth from his hand was comforting, followed by the gentle look in his hazel eyes, the blue specks seemingly lighter than usual. His soft lips barely parted as he whispered: "Battle scars, I see. Strong, girl, mhm?"

His voice was just above audible, so soft and gentle, yet, still having a pinch of his usual gravel voice underneath. His thumb caressed her cheek near her brown eyes, tender and almost affectionate. However, she didn't want to over think his actions toward her. He was still her kidnapper, though, so she didn't want to get too attached emotionally. Although, the warm feeling giving her heart a hug said otherwise, and she became worrisome about it.

But today (August 4th, 2018), she couldn't help feeling so detached from herself, like she had emotionally left her own body and was just there to experience everything. Touching things with her sensitive fingertips and not having a single sentiment toward whatever she was feeling. Maybe the soft fur of Milky's coat when Reece would bring her in to eat with them. She was extremely loud when it came to food, head up at Reece's hand holding her bowl of wet food, walking into the mattress room. Yet, the white cat's fur didn't give her the serotonin she had usually experienced petting a stray cat on the side of the road, back in the Gold Coast.

"You okay there, flower? You seem down?" Reece asked, regaining her attention as she had been lost in the large amount of thoughts rushing around. She lifted her head and gave him a soft stare over her arm, hugging her knee. She pulled the corners of her pink lips up in a whisper of a smile, nodding her head.