[14] knife

author's note — this chapter will be rewritten due to the fact i don't like how it turned out, and it doesn't really match with what i was trying to get across

author's notethis chapter will be rewritten due to the fact i don't like how it turned out, and it doesn't really match with what i was trying to get across.

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

KNIFE
▬▬▬▬
EIGHT DAYS LATER

IT WAS cold against her caramel complexion — whatever it was, solid and unnerving. Gliding over her skin, almost like it was hovering above the hairs of her arm and sending a thousand goosebumps to pepper her skin in a thousand places. Chilling shivers ran down her spine, the muscles in her back contracting.

Maddie hummed out softly, stirring in her deep slumber at the sensation playing over her skin, ceasing her dark brows together in discomfort. As she lay there asleep, the dreams in her head were nonexistent, yet the radio static was still hidden deep within her mind, locked away under an abundance of lost memories. It didn't bother her that much, as it was a slight sound, but it was still there.

As the cold-something dragged along her warm flesh, it started to dig deeper and harder, causing her body to jolt in sheer panic at the sensation. Her cognac brown eyes popped open, only to stare into the darkness of the room. She looked to the half covered window, where she knew it was and noticed it was still dark and gloomy outside from the moonlight; a soft hue of light coming into the room. However, it wasn't bright enough to allow her to see whatever it was touching her in her sleep. Which only raised alarm in her body.

Feeling the random cold object touching the top of her feet now, she jerked — or at least she tried to — away from whatever it was. Dammit! she didn't move a single centimetre, still feeling the object touching her. Her heart raced with panic and anxiety, her breathing becoming erratic and more forceful, a cold dewy sweat coating her skin. She couldn't move—she wasn't able to when she finally realised her hands were tied behind her, and her feet tied, too. So tightly wrapped around her limbs, she was struggling to break free, shaking and pulling to no avail.

Her brain flipped through every single possibility of what was happening, everything she thought of, she couldn't, for the life of her, pinpoint it. Maybe this was just a really creepy dream she just hadn't woken up from?

She heaved in a deep, shaking breath of air, readying her lungs for what she was about to do. And when she was ready to release all the oxygen from her expanded lungs and scream, a larger hand covered her mouth, letting it all muffle into it. She only tried to scream louder, even more frightened than previously. But, the person leaned in closer, feeling their warm breath fan onto her cheek, whispered: "It's okay, flower, trust me."

Reece?

He slowly shushed her, resulting in her to calm her screaming to an eerie quiet surrounding the room. Her chest still expanded greatly with trepidation, feeling the anxiety rush through her veins, her bones heavy with dismay.