[20] whole

author's note — a filler chapter for those interested in reading smut between the main characters

author's note a filler chapter for those interested in reading smut between the main characters.

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

WHOLE
▬▬▬▬
ELEVEN DAYS LATER

SHE COULDN'T describe how much her body hurt from helping Reece fix the garden outside the kitchen window, pulling out stubborn weeds, adding new soil where the weeds had been evicted, and pacing seeds into little contains they made out of old bottle by cutting them in half — a great way to recycle. She enjoyed planting the seeds and setting them in a spot on the new soil where she wanted to plant them when they were old enough to transfer. But her body was screaming and her muscles were crying and all she wanted to do was lie down and watch TV forever. She still felt like she was slowly falling down a depression rabbit hole, and she became quiet because of it, she didn't feel like she had the energy to say or do much. Fortunately, Reece tried to make sure she remained active by doing something simple, like showering, brushing her teeth, brushing her hair, getting out of bed, getting into bed, eating, etc. And yet, it still made her feel so useless and needing to rely on someone to help her do all that. She felt like a burden.

    As she stared at the garden outside the kitchen, she smiled a little at it, looking neater and slowly turning into an enchanted place to sit and relax. Yesterday, it hugged her heart to see some of the seeds start to sprout in the recycled plastic bottle planting pots. Reece had congratulated her on her first plant babies, it was an exciting moment for her.

    Maddie tore her cognac eyes from outside the window and looking back at Reece stirring the mixture in the metal bowl with a wooden spoon, his beautiful hazel eyes locked on the mixture in the bowl with such focus, he looked lost in his own world. He had her measure the ingredients and dump them into the bowl as he read out the instruction, half of the time was confused on what ⅔ cups meant, because she could find the cup that said it. Reece told her it was ⅓ cup, twice, which made a lot more sense. They were making cookies with M&Ms because Reece said it would be fun and cheer her up, it wasn't fun, it was confusing and stressful and she would rather lay on the floor while he did everything.

    She didn't know why she felt so depressed and why she continued to scratch her arms, her skin was hurting now and red and burning when sweat got into the small cuts her nails created. She just really wanted to feel all her emotions like she used to, where they felt clear and not stuffed under a million blankets. She became lost in her thoughts, watching Reece combining the cookie dough together. It was like a movie and everything was slowed down and soft music was playing in the background. Her eyes paid attention to his arms and hands the most, his arms looked smoothe and muscular enough it wasn't too much nor too little, his hands rough and slender, the bones making an appearance on the top of his hand as he held the handle of the wooden spoon.