26.

::

"I shouldn't have come here." Jihoon scoffed, taking a sip from his drink. "I've been scarred for life."

Soonyoung amusingly watched his friend lament about having witnessed something he clearly never wanted to see. It wasn't that big a deal but Jihoon acted like it was a trauma. "Come on Hoon-ah, it was just a kiss." He spoke, sitting down, his hand still intertwined with Mina's. He was hesitant to let go of her for even a second, now that he'd finally found her.

"Just a kiss?! It was PG 19! You two are a bunch of pervs ruining an innocent mind

"Just a kiss?! It was PG 19! You two are a bunch of pervs ruining an innocent mind." He scoffed as Mina giggled at his antics and sat down next to Hoshi. Their dramatic reunion involved running into each other's arms with a passionate kiss to share, one that Woozi regretted having watched in real-time. "And I thought you were the shy one, Mina-ssi."

She shrugged, her eyes trailing over Soonyoung's perfect silhouette. His extraordinary eyes, the soft gaze he looked at her with, the line of his nose and the shape of his lips, Mina had never loved her boyfriend more.

Jihoon who observed Mina's adoring gaze simply shook his head. "You're made for each other, the two of you." He spoke, sighing. "But can we discuss what we're going to do moving forward?"

Sharing a glance with Soonyoung, Mina shook her head. Whatever it be, they were going to face it together. The mood around the room sombered as Jihoon explained the situation. "Dispatch put out an article about you two. There's visual evidence of you walking together on dates and even having a meal together. This is media, it can be manipulated and shown differently if required. Question is, Mina, do you want to go public with your relationship?"

Mina looked down at Hoshi's hand in hers. It was warm just like his bright personality. Soonyoung had always catered to her needs—be it romantic, the need for space or professional and personal independence. Denying this relationship would mean withholding the truth from the public, hiding the kind of connection they had. But admitting to the relationship would mean...

"You don't have to do this," Soonyoung spoke softly, warm eyes gazing over her with worry, "If we go public, you'll be giving up more than your privacy. Eyes will follow your every step and you might be subjected to things worse than verbal insults from time to time. I know how much you value your space and privacy at work. Admitting this relationship might put everything you love at risk and if it is one you don't want to take, you shouldn't have to."

Mina thought about it

Mina thought about it. It was true. Just a few hours back, she had to run away from her own office, flee the space that allowed her to be creatively free. Looking out the glass sealed window and dark night beyond it, Mina uttered softly, the one question she had never thought would pop on her lips, "Do you want to break up?"

Hoshi's eyes widened in surprise and Jihoon simply looked away, a frown on his face. "I—I..." Soonyoung fumbled too surprised to say anything, "No, no, no. I don't. But do you?"

Mina shook her head no. "Just today, someone told me I didn't deserve to stand by you, that you and I were made to be separate parts of a stage. I'm sure a lot of people will agree. After all, the difference between you and I is that you belong in the spotlight and I, Backstage."

Soonyoung couldn't understand the look in her eyes. She'd had it since the moment he had laid her eyes on her that day, a melancholy of genuine affection with a heartrending sorrow. Her unfocused eyes looked like she was in the middle of a realisation, her words nothing but confirmation. Soonyoung faltered slightly, not knowing what to say or do.

He wanted to tell her that no one could decide who deserved what and that he'd protect her through whatever problems that followed them. But after today's episode, how could he say the words he'd failed to keep?

Jihoon too, could see where this conversation was going and how it would end

Jihoon too, could see where this conversation was going and how it would end. Standing up, he was about to walk away to give the duo some privacy to say their goodbyes, to fight or accept what it was going to be, when Mina's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"I don't want to break up with you, Soonyoung," Mina spoke. "How I feel about you is more than what I deserve and I'm sure the world thinks the same. But if I break up with you now, I'd be lowering my eyes in front of those that looked at me."

She'd thought about it a thousand times over ever since her conversation back at the company. "Its going to be a tough fight, with thousands hating on me for taking you for myself. But it's fine, I'll be selfish one." Taking his hand in both of hers, Mina looked into his eyes, determined to fight the storm.

"Let's go public with our relationship, Soonyoung-ah."

::