Chapter 51: Urbosa has not Returned

Link rode Epona down to the Gerudo regions.

He had no idea why he had mentioned Tanagar Canyon and sent the others to gather all the heroes.

But what he knew was that Tanagar Canyon was not his next destination. His next destination was the Gerudo Desert.

Link had already found three crystals to free Revali, Daruk, and Mipha, and they had all been guarded by Blight Ganons.

Link assumed that Urbosa would be the same.

He arrived in Gerudo Town, or what was left of Gerudo Town.

"Riju?" Link said, noticing a slightly familiar face

"Link!" Riju replied "I haven't seen any of you all in forever! I've just been helping all the Gerudo fight back against the corrupted Soldiers!"

"I'm looking for Urbosa" Link said "Have you seen her in the last few months?"

"I haven't been able to find her" Riju sighed "All I know is that if she were here right now, she would be doing a far better job of helping the Gerudo then me"

"Let's look for her" Link said "I saved Daruk, Mipha, and Revali, and they were all in some strange magic crystals. Urbosa obviously must be in one too"

"Makes sense" Riju agreed "Have you seen anyone else, like Midna or Zelda or Rusl?"

"Haven't seen Midna or Zelda" Link said "Rusl is kinda dead. He went kinda psycho"

"Oh" Riju said "Well, let's head into town"

They walked past the remains of Gerudo shops where local Gerudo warriors were dueling Soldiers and Monsters

Within a barricaded shop, Link noticed a tiny shiny object in the wall.

He pointed it out to Riju, and they entered the shop through a secret entrance.

In the shop, the dug around the tiny object which turned out to be a large crystal.

Before they could examine the crystal, a large purple cloud surrounded Link, and knocked Riju out.

It was the last and strongest of the four Blight Ganons, Thunderblight Ganon.

"Oh no" Link said "I have a bad feeling"

Thunderblight send beams of electricity and guardian beams all around Link, and swung its guardian sword and shield.

The monstrous beast was small and able to move around at incredible speed, much to Link's disadvantage

I can't even keep up with this thing! Link thought It's too fast! This dude is way tougher than the other three Blight Ganons were!

Link managed to break Thunderblight's shield, and before it could regenerate it's shield, Link slashed it with the Master Sword about six times.

He repeated this process over and over again while taking many electrical hits from Thunderblight Ganon, and eventually the monster exploded in purple fume and was dead.

Link sighed in relief, and at the same time Riju got back up.

"You defeated it" Riju observed "Well, let's take a closer look at this crystal"

To Link's surprise, Urbosa was not inside the crystal. It was empty.

"Where is Urbosa?" Link asked

"I do not know" Riju said "Perhaps this is a false crystal and the real one is somewhere else in the vast desert"

"But why would a powerful boss monster be guarding the false crystal?" Link said "This is strange"

"Agreed" Riju said "Well, we should head out of the desert and try to regroup with your other newly awakened friends. Captain Buliara tells me that the Gerudo are doing alright in the battles, so it should be okay if I take a short leave"

"Alright then" Link said "I told the others I was going to the Desert, so hopefully they will be waiting somewhere not too far away"

Eventually, about halfway between Gerudo Canyon and Gerudo Town, and very close to where Kara Kara Bazaar once stood, Link and Riju met up with Daruk, Yunobo, Mipha, Sidon, Revali, and Teba.

"Where is Urbosa?" Mipha asked

"I killed a Blight Ganon, and then the crystal was empty" Link said

"Strange" Revali said

"Let's get out of this desert then" Daruk said "I know there are a lot of rocks in Gerudo Canyon, so perhaps there is real crystal there with Urbosa"

"Maybe" Link said "That makes sense"

The Heroes all then began to walk towards the exit from the Gerudo Desert