Release

Mentions of blood

Faya walked out of the dorm, her magic active as she walked outside. As she got further away from the school, her anxiety built up, closing her eyes for a moment, letting herself fall into any thoughts, memories, or dreams nearby. She knew something was wrong, just didn't know what that was yet. She kept her eyes close, flinching as violent thoughts and memories hit her mind. The thoughts were also static, she couldn't make them out but could just hear and see things that didn't make sense.

It was just like all the times she's been near a Burned One. Opening her eyes, glancing around cautiously and let a forcefield dome around her as she stayed put. Waiting to see if anything were to move, no odd noise hit her ears and no strange movement clouded her vision. She decided to take a risk, sprinting at full speed towards the school and stopped in her tracks.

A Burned One was lurking around, hissing as it looked around. It swiftly turned its' head, catching sight of her and began running towards her. She stared at the creature, dropping her protective shield and began using her magic to confuse it. Trying to confuse a Burned One was a lot harder than a person. Energy was leaving her quickly but that wouldn't stop her.

The creature stopped running towards her,  hitting its' head trying to gain control of its' own mind back. She slowly started moving, her eyes not leaving the creature and reached for a stick nearby. Sharp enough to stab something with enough force. As she went to stab it, a squeak left her lips as it began clawing at its' chest. Tearing at the rough skin on its' chest, she stumbled back and landed on the grass with a thud.

The Burned One tore open its' Cinder, light peaking through holes and seemed to exploded with light. Faya shielded her eyes, peaking out once the light died down. A strangled gasp escaped her lips, she stared at a body. A human body. Blinking a couple of times, still expecting to see a Burned One on the ground.

Pushing past her own thoughts, she ran back to the school, sticking close to the left hand side, pressing a hand against the wall as she walked. She knew something was up, couldn't think straight and didn't know where to go. A yelp escaped her lips, she was pressed against the wall, a blade pressed against her throat. She stared at her attacker, giving him a cold hard glare. Dane, stared back at her.

"Don't try any mind tricks, I'm not afraid to hurt you."

"Did Beatrix tell you to say that?" She asked, remaining calm as the blade stayed pressed against her throat. Dane rolled his eyes, shaking his head and spoke lowly.

"Beatrix only told me the plan, not what to say."

"And what would that plan be?"

"You'll see, just a little tip. Your life will never be the same again." He stepped away, moving the blade away from her throat and up to her cheek. Flinching slightly as he sliced her skin, she touched the cut on her face, looking at the blood on her fingers.

"Do you really want to be known as the kid who can't be trusted?" Faya asked, staring him down, she watched him scoff and sway the sword around.

"Doesn't bother me what they think of me."

"And I thought you were friends with Beatrix because she makes you feel special. You obviously care what she thinks."

"I best be going, Beatrix gives her best wishes." He shoved the sword into her lower stomach and quickly pulled it out, running off. She cried out in pain, collapsing to the ground, let the tears run down her cheeks and placed her hands on her stomach to try and stop the gushing blood.

Heaving, she stood up. Violently shuddering, she limped-ran away, whimpering at how bad her pain was. A scream escaped her lips as she was thrown into a wall. Weakly glancing up at her attacker she quickly sat up seeing the Burned One. It grabbed hold of her ankle, dragging her across the wood. Her eyes were flashing between their normal colour and their actual colour. She was having a hard time concentrating on trying to confuse the Burned One.

In the end, she made the Burned One believe it wasn't carrying anything. Which got it to drop her down, quickly placing her hands back on her stomach she darted for somewhere safe. Entering a classroom, she slammed the door shut. Barricading the door with chairs and tables. Still limping around, she grabbed a jacket that was lying on a table. Scrurring for the far left corner from the door and pressed it against her stomach. Trying to stop the blood from leaving her body. The girl was in an intense amount of pain but she watched the door with bated breath.

She covered her mouth with her hand as the door shook, hissing in pain as she moved too suddenly. The table and chairs began falling down with loud thuds. She used her magic to hold them in place, she dropped her hold of the magic, unable to focus with her searing pain any longer. She watched as the door opened, whoever struggling to open it, pushing the chairs and tables out of the way with the door.

It was quiet, too dark to see who else was in the room. She could vaguely make out the silhouette of the other person, just not enough to see who it properly was. A torch was turned on, Faya squinted as the light shined in her face.

"Faya!" Sky ran down to her, dropping down to his knees and looked into her eyes. She forced a smile, she was thrilled to see him but she was just in pain.

"Are you okay?" She asked, placing a hand on his face. He nodded, hugging her tightly, rubbing her back with soothing circles. Not noticing the blood or wound yet.

"I'm fine, are you hurt?" He asked her worriedly, she had tears forming in her eyes, nodding weakly. Fear invaded him, he examined her and his mouth gaped slightly seeing her stained clothes.

"Shit, Faya you should've said something sooner!" He scolded, standing up and tore the curtains down. Racing back over to her and ripped them apart to be like a bandage. He took the jacket from her hands, eyes widening how the amount of blood. He carefully, yet quickly wrapped the cloth around her waist. Using all the layers he created for a bandage. She had short breaths, shuddering and crying quietly.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. I'm gonna get you some help." He whispered to her, kissing her forehead and swiped away her tears.

"Alright, I'm gonna pick you up on three. One... two... three.." He lifted her up, his heartbreaking as she sobbed in pain, clutching onto him tightly. He held her bridal style in his arms, cooing quietly to calm her down. She rested her head on his chest, shivering from blood loss. Sky kissed her forehead, cautiously stepping over the chairs and tables that were by the door.

"I-I killed someone Sky." She stammered, needing to get it off her chest.

"What do you mean?" He asked, swearing he didn't hear her correctly.

"The Burned Ones... they're people. I went outside, I-I-I saw a Burned One. I used my magic to confuse it, to kill it. I went to s-s-stab it, but it began clawing at its' chest. It destroyed its' own cinder, I couldn't see t-t-then I could. A man was lying dead on the ground, I killed him." Sky stopped in his tracks, looking down at her.

"Faya, You did not kill that man, he wasn't a man anymore. He was that creature, you are not a murderer. You are still the kind and sweet person I know. You didn't kill him." He reassured, swaying softly. Trying to comfort her, he wanted to know what happened to her, who or what gave her this wound but didn't want to overwhelm her with questions.

He watched her eyes flutter shut, he could see her wanting to sleep but he couldn't risk anything happening to her if she fell asleep.

"I need you to stay awake, come on Fay." He shook his arms slightly, she hummed in response and kept her eyes open. He started to hurry, feeling the blood start to soak through the curtain he had wrapped around her waist. Sky was freaking out inside, he tried his best to remain calm and not worry her.

"We're gonna be okay."