Chapter 1. Who is Lucilline Rubius

Outside in a garden flourishing of flowers, tiny birds rested on high branches.

They chirruped harmoniously, with their singing suffused in the morning's warm atmosphere. Their small feathers shuffled back and forth, bathing in the sunlight's rays. Showing off their affectionate and benevolent voices, the birds were all attempting to pique the interest of a "certain someone".

Unfortunately, that "certain someone" only treated them as background noise.

"Young Master, would you like to see today's schedule?" A plain white door swung open, and out came a teenage girl. Her cute features made her look akin to the birds outside. She was dressed in an extravagant black and white maid outfit, with her locks of pure white hair tied into a flower bun.

Willow, the maidservant, held a slip of paper in her hands.

She stared brightly at the young teenage boy standing in front of the balcony.

The latter had his entire body slumped over the balcony's fence, watching mesmerizingly at what the garden outside had to offer. In the spur of the moment, he finally snapped out from his trance.

Looking backwards, he met the eyes of his anticipating maidservant.

"Young Master!" Willow chirped like the birds.

The person standing before her was not much older than her. However, what made them different by miles away was his identity. He was Lucilline Rubius, the third son of Duke Rubius.

Lucilline's face was unblemished and pale, which made Willow reminisce about the pure moonlight dancing upon reflections of water. The young teenage boy was a nobleman. How his long black hair contrasts against his skin like night to day, how his golden pupils shine like jewels downright plucked from the treasury, how his slender figure moves past the ravishing winds...

Those features made people want to kneel before and serve him. At least, that was how Willow felt.

"You are beautiful today, Young Master." Willow naively exclaimed.

Indeed, Lucilline was more beautiful than others. If a maiden's beauty was as large as a body of water, then this nobleman's beauty was as large as the entire Pacific Ocean.

Instead of being shy or flushing in embarrassment, Lucilline's eyebrows perked up at her words. "Was I not yesterday?"

It seemed like this nobleman knew that he was beautiful as well.

Willow just smiled at the shamelessness. "Of course, Young Master. You are beautiful every single day." She did not back down. "I just find it necessary for you to know."

Lucilline was propping up his tender white cheek in one hand. His eyes held a hint of amusement. "Hmm... can't blame me. It is just inheritance doing its job."

Willow smiled. "You are just as shameless as yesterday."

Lucilline proudly nodded. "I'm glad that you find this necessary to say as well."

He pushed himself away from the balcony fence, which barely moved from his light weight. Properly facing Willow face-to-face, Lucilline gestured simply. "Getting back on topic, what did you call me for?"

Willow flinched. She quickly thrusted out the slip of paper she held.

"Here is your schedule, Young Master."

Lucilline received the slip of paper. He eyed the paper, reading the contents written down before throwing it back into his sole maidservant's hands. Nonchalant, he walked inside his bedroom from the balcony, shutting the door behind. The frantic chirps of the birds outside weren't to be heard anymore.