11 - The First Morning

Harry and Draco put on their pajamas and went back inside the dorm, where all four of the first year Slytherin boys were snoring in chorus.

"Merlin, it's like a whole children's choir in here," Draco muttered while climbing into bed.

Harry took his wand from his trunk and began performing the silencing charm on the boys one by one, whispering "silencio" four times before tucking his wand behind his pillow and climbing into the bed next to Draco's, careful not to kick Salazar, who was all coiled up on the foot of Harry's bed, sound asleep.

"If you start snoring too, I won't hesitate to use the silencing charm on you as well," Harry whispered to Draco before rolling over to the other side and closing his eyes.

"Using the charm I taught you against me, huh? Should've known better than to teach you that. Goodnight, Potter," Draco replied, but Harry did not respond. He was already fast asleep. Draco scoffed and rolled over as well, drifting off to sleep thirty minutes later.

Harry had a very strange dream. He was wearing Professor Quirrell's turban, which kept talking to him, telling him that he belonged in Slytherin, that he would grow up to become darker than the dark lord himself, that he was a threat to Voldemort.

When he woke the next day, he remembered the dream so vaguely that he couldn't recall what the turban had said to him, but he knew that he had dreamt of Professor Quirrell's turban.

Harry rolled over and opened his eyes. Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, and Theodore were no longer on their beds. Draco was still sound asleep, his blanket having fallen to the floor, his pajama pants rolled up his thighs, his longsleeves rolled up his arms, and the bottom of his pajama top having ridden up his stomach, exposing the bottom half of his torso.

"Draco, wake up," Harry hissed, considering sitting on Draco's face again but he decided against it this morning.

Draco remained asleep, and Harry began rolling his sleeves down his arms, his pants down his legs, and pulled his top down to cover his stomach. Harry then bent over and picked up Draco's fallen blanket, putting it back on the bed but keeping it on the foot so that it didn't cover Draco.

Harry then grabbed Draco by the shoulders and began to shake him until he finally awoke, groaning and rubbing his eyes as Harry let go.

"That you, Potter?" Draco moaned, sitting up in a slouch.

"Yeah, I think the other boys are already getting ready in the bathroom. Let's go," Harry replied.

Draco sighed and climbed out of bed, his blond hair all disheveled.

Harry and Draco entered the bathroom, and sure enough, the other boys were already there. Crabbe and Goyle were brushing their teeth with muggle toothpaste by the sink, Blaise was gelling his hair in front of the sink mirror, and fart sounds were coming from one of the toilet stalls, where Theodore probably was.

"What are you two using muggle toothpaste for?" Harry asked Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco tugged on Harry's sleeve and pulled him away, hissing in his ear, "Shhh! Nobody else knows about the magical toothpaste. It's a secret, Potter."

"What? Why?" Harry replied softly, the two of them standing in the shower hallway.

"My father hired a couple wizards to invent it. He's had all sorts of products invented by those wizards, but they've all been kept a secret because the Ministry of Magic's really strict about publicizing inventions. They run tests on the products before approving or rejecting it, and Father doesn't wanna have to go through the hassle of that, and there's really no need to share the inventions with other people, really, so just keep it between us, okay?"

Harry nodded, feeling honored to be let in on the secret. "Alright, and I expect that you'll show me the other inventions your dad made those wizards create for him."

"Oh, I will, Potter. Now help me get this longsleeve off my body. Some arsehole rolled my magically sticky sleeves down my arms and now they're stuck."