Iris and 80's movies

We sat in my living room. My mom was going on about prices and waivers and dates. I tuned her out and instead studied everybody. Rory was sitting next to his mom, who was dressed in a skirt suit. She checked her phone every few minutes, because she was a busy lawyer. Ginger sat across the room from her parents, who were sitting three feet away from each other. Her mom was on her phone, and so was her dad. Colton was sitting in between his parents, who were actively listening and actually taking notes. Bradley's parents were sitting across from them doing the same thing. Bee's parents had their lawyer listening in.

"Any questions?" My mom asked when she finished.

"So you need how much?" Ginger's mom asked.

"Two thousand two hundred from each of you. It'll cover, air fare, the hotel rooms, and meals." My mom said calmly.

Ginger's mom looked at her dad. "And you'll have her the whole spring break? Two thousand two hundred and she's out our hair? Seems like a good deal to me. Get me my checkbook out of the car Gertrude."

I saw Rory flinch at Ginger's moms words. Bradley's parents shook their heads. Colton's parents raised their eyebrows at each other. Even my mother could barely conceal her disgust.

"That's correct. Any other questions?"

Bee's father raised his hand. "They'll have to miss a day of school, correct? They leave Thursday night, but school is still in session that Friday. Did you clear this with the school?"

My mom nodded. "Yes. Any work they miss will be emailed to them, and it will be their responsibility to make it up."

"They'll have adequate supervision?" Bradley's mom asked.

My mom nodded again. "Yes my sister is coming along to assist me. Any other questions?"

Ginger came back inside and handed her mom the checkbook. Her mom wrote a check and handed it to my mom.

"Excellent. I will be able to join Marvin in Bermuda. Gertrude, have one of your friends take you home." Her mom said and then her parents left.

"If there aren't any other questions, its decision time." I said.

"Rory can go. As long as he calls me once a day, and does his schoolwork." His mom said first.

Rory grinned. His mom wrote a check and handed it to my mom.

"Are you staying here Rory?" She asked.

He nodded and promised to be home by ten. She left and we waited for the next person to make their decision.

"Bradley can go. He has to call twice a day, and he is not allowed to do anything illegal in America. That means no drinking." His mom said finally.

"Yes mom, because I'm going to Paris purely to get drunk." He said laughing.

His dad wrote a check and then his parents walked home. Colton was having a quiet argument with his parents. Surprisingly, Bee's parents were the next to speak up.

"Beatrice may go. She has been taking French since third grade, and this would be an excellent way to use it. All rules that the other parents have said apply. Nothing illegal, all schoolwork must be completed, and you have to call home or text twice a day. And," her dad paused for a moment, "no kissing boys."

Bee's face went red. Rory and Ginger started laughing, and Bradley smirked at the ground. I hid a smile.

"I promise." Bee muttered.

Her parents paid my mom and told her to be home by nine thirty. Then they left. Finally, Colton was the only one who had to make his decision.

"Mom, I'm not going to go off my meds just because I'm in France. You can trust me. I'll be fine." He said.