Who Is He?

Bucky and Lizzie are still laying in bed when they hear a knock at the door. Lizzie doesn't know if she's ready to see Steve yet. Facing Steve means facing reality.

"Come in," Bucky says.

She looks up at him with a traitorous look.

Steve pops his head in and Bucky sits both of them up into a more appropriate position. He begins to get out of bed but Lizzie grips his hand.

"I'm just going downstairs, I won't be far. You need to talk to your brother, love," Bucky says.

She knows she does but that doesn't mean she wants to face it alone. But both Lizzie and Bucky know that this is a conversation that is just for the twins.

Bucky moves to leave again but Lizzie grabs his hand once more and Bucky gives her a stern look.

"Can you make me some tomato soup?" Lizzie asks quietly.

She knew this conversation with Steve was going to be hard and Bucky's tomato soup always made her feel better.

His face softens at her question and he places a lingering kiss to her forehead.

"Of course, doll," Bucky replies.

He walks out of the room and claps Steve on the shoulder on his way out.

The twins just stare at each other, not sure what to say.

"He really loves you, you know?" Steve says.

"I know, I never thought we'd love each other as much as we do but we just work together," she says.

"He'll make a good husband," Steve says.

"I know that too," Lizzie says.

"He will be there even if I'm not around all the time anymore. He will be your constant for the rest of your life," he says.

"Why can't both of you be?" Lizzie says like a child.

"Because brothers aren't meant to always be with their sisters. When they grow up, they move out and begin living separate lives," Steve explains.

"But you're not just my brother, you're my twin, my other half. You know we aren't like normal siblings. You're the only other person in this world who can understand our twin connection," Lizzie says.

"You know just because we won't live together, doesn't mean that we won't be close. I doubt we will ever leave Brooklyn so we will always be in the same city at the very least. Probably we will be even walking distance from each other," Steve says.

"Do you promise to always stay close?" Lizzie asks.

He doesn't want to promise her because he isn't sure where life will lead him. If he had his way, they would always stay near but life doesn't always give you your way.

Lizzie is looking at him with hopeful eyes and he can't help but respond.

"I promise I'll always stay close. Like you said, we aren't normal siblings and we will always need each other," Steve says.

She looks at her brother and can't help but thinking how grown-up he's gotten. Not so much in stature, he's always been small, but in his facial features and his maturity.

"We're growing up Steve and I don't think I want it," Lizzie says.

"I would do anything for you but unfortunately I can't stop us growing up," Steve says.

"I love you more than anything," Lizzie says.

"More than Bucky?" Steve teases.

"Let's call it a tie," Lizzie teases back.