𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 -- 𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚔𝚎

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕. 𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I asked Deku to wait on the porch. It was rude of me, I know, but he understood, and told me to take my time with my family. He said he understood what it was like to have parents like that. He smiled and told me he'd wait there. I was grateful.

I called out to my mom as I opened the door. I heard shuffling in the living room, and when I'd walked in, she practically tackled me into a hug. She exclaimed my name, clinging to me tightly as the rest of my family jumped up.

"Mom, I'm okay!" I said as she suffocated me. "Really!"

"What the hell happened?" My father breathed, grabbing my face.

"I'll explain, just give me a moment, okay? Please, sit down, all of you," I said.

"Your shoulders..." My mother whispered. "They're...healed."

"Listen to me carefully," I said calmly. "I have a friend outside who's helped me. He's going to explain everything, so please, don't interrupt him and don't say anything until he's finished. He's been good to me, and I owe him so much, so please, hear him out."

My family stayed silent, and I turned and jogged to the door, opening it and motioning for Deku. He followed me inside, and I paused as he removed his shoes by the door. I walked in first, then Deku trailed after me.

Keiji frowned. "You're one of those brats," He growled.

"Kei," My mother said. "Stop."

"Alright, go ahead, Deku-kun," I said, nodding to him.

As Deku began to explain, I noticed a few things. The first thing I noticed is how he was twisting his words. It was almost as if he were dumbing it down for them. He also was leaving some of the parts he told me out, making it sound less dangerous than it was.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Miyu said. "About these...superpowers?"

He glanced at me. "Do you mind if I...?"

"Be my guest. Just don't break anything," I shrugged, my arms folded over my chest. "Let me hold your jacket."

"Thanks," He said, as I draped the light gray cloth over my arm. Deku took a deep breath and activated his quirk. His eyes glowed a bit, brightening with the green sparks that came around him. At first, and sort of purple 'X' formed over his face, but vanished after a moment.