32. Fart Bombs

Fifth Year:

"Yeah... no. Not happening." I backed away and tried to put all my weight to my right leg.

"Oh come on. Are you actually going to argue with me right now? Your knee looks terrible, and you can't even go up the stairs."

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "I can go up the stairs." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just choose not to."

"Come on Wood, you can trust me." He showed me the cloak. "What could happen the worst?"

I raised my eyebrow at him. "The last time I trusted you, was four years ago, when you offered me water. And what happened after that?"

He  scratched the back of his head, and tried to keep a straight face. "You had a nice conversation with Professor Longbottom."

I shared my biggest secrets!

"But this time you can trust me. Well, at least for this one time." He muttered the last bit more to himself.

I sighed and nodded. "Fine."

He gave me an excited smile and put the cloak on both of us. The fabric touched my wound twice which made me jump in pain.

We slowly started walking across the common room and, of course, nobody saw us. I was slowing us down a bit but we weren't in a big rush anyway.

We managed to get out of the common room without getting any attention and now we were walking down the corridors with sleeping portraits hanging on the walls. One of the knight even had a teddy bear he was hugging.

We turned right, and another right, and then a left, and straight.

"Hopefully we will be there today." James whispered, annoyed of our speed.

"Well, I'm sorry that you hurt my knee." I whispered back.

"You are the one who started it!" He elbowed my side with his free arm.

We walked a little more and turned right. No wonder why so many students get lost in here, I swear this castle is like a labyrinth!

We finally arrived at the door of the Hospital Wing and slowly opened the door.

Because it was past curfew, no one was around so after we closed the door, we had  the whole wing to ourselves.

"Alright, I'll look at these shelves, and you look at them." Before I could even move, James stopped me.

"Are you mad? You need to sit down." He slowly pushed me towards the closest bed from my shoulders and I sat down. "Besides, I came to this hospital wing way too many times to be able to remember every single medicine in every single drawer."

I rolled my eyes and watched him open the third drawer closest to the door and take out a red bottle with cotton.

"Now this... he grabbed a chair and put it in front of me. "is going to burn like a bloody hell."

"Gee, thanks for the confort." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath when James put some of the liquid on the cotton.

Ow! Ow! Ow!

"What in the Merlin's toe nails dirt is this thing?!" I whiper yelled trying my best to stay quiet and not get caught.

"I don't know, but it does it's job." He closed the lid of the medicine and got back up.

I suddenly heard footsteps and quickly got up on my one leg while the other one was still on top of the chair. James did a quick turn and looked at me with wide eyes. I did a few hand signals and he did the same.