FEVER

S T E V I E  P O V

Dominic's prepared me a cool bath to help bring my fever down. I woke during the night sweating and burning up with a fever.

I have no energy to move, plus no idea what the hell I'm saying or why I think there's a pink unicorn in the bed.

Dominic got quite concerned and called for a doctor who looked like the hulk, but he wasn't green. He sure got angry with me for some reason, and I was in fits of laughter.

Take slow steps as I head to the bathroom with my eyes half closed and my body on fire. All I want to do is strip off my clothes to cool down.

Can feel my body lifted in the air before the cool water soothes the burning. "Aww, that is so much better. Don't forget to," Stop mid-sentence to stare at this hot guy knelt on the floor sponging me down.

Closed my eyes and shake my head to remember who he is, "Who are you?" I asked laughing, getting him wet, "Your husband," "Wow, you're hot." He smiles and sponges my back with the cool water. 

Rested my head back in the bath to cool my head and tilt to the side, "How can a guy like you be my husband?" He shakes his head and my eyes close.

*****

A short while later, my eyes pop open to observe the pink unicorn at the bottom of the bed, and my husband next to me with a cold towel on my forehead. "Stevie," "That's my name," I laughed. "Come on, baby, you need to take your medicine. It will help you get better," "Baby. I want a baby," I said as my eyes fight to stay open.

He opens my mouth, placing two tablets and giving me water, "Stevie, I want a baby too. But I doubt you will remember this conversation when the fever breaks." My eyes close for a short few seconds when I jump from the bed and run to the bathroom. 

My head hangs over the toilet, vomiting, and my stomach is in pain from wrenching when I heave to vomit. "Dominic, what tablets did you give me?" I shout in between vomiting, "The doctor gave you something for the fever and a pain med," "Check and see if codeine is in any of them," Grab the towel and wipe my mouth.

Straightened my back and got a wave of nausea, and my head is back over the toilet. "One of the pills prescribed is codeine," Shake my head. "I'm allergic to codeine." He storms into the bathroom with his phone to his ear.

Stepped to the sink to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth, "Stevie, I'm sorry I didn't have any idea. But the doctor said drink plenty of water." Now I'm worse than what I was. 

Dominic scoops me up and carries me back to bed, "Baby, try and get some sleep," "I love you." Was the last thing I remember saying before my eyes closed.

Woke soaked with sweat and my skin burning like I'm on fire. "I'm on fire," pulled at my shirt to take it off. "Stevie, your fever is getting worse," Glance towards where the voice is coming from, and my god, "Damn you're fit," I blurt and he laughs at me. "You already told me like a hundred times and how hot I am and how you can't believe I'm your husband," "You're my husband? !Jackpot!" I shout and he laughs.

I'm laid on the bed naked with this hot guy cooling me down with ice packs and a cool towel. "Baby, if I can't get your temperature to come down, you're going to the hospital," "Will all the doctors be hot and sexy like you," "Stevie, I hope not because I'm your husband," "Fuck really?" He smirks and places the cool towel over me.

*****       

Raised my head to see Dominic sleeping in the chair, "Dominic," I whispered. His eyes open, "How are you feeling?" He asks, stepping towards me. "Aching all over and my head is pounding," He places the back of his hand on my forehead to check. "The fever broke." He said, pulling the covers over my naked frame.