ch.32

chapter thirty-two - gentleman

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

unedited

"I didn't know what you'd want to do today, so I just went with a classic," Jisung muttered quietly into her ear as he held the door to the cafe open for her. "I hope it's not boring,"

Aeri smiled tinily and nodded her head in thanks. "It's not, I actually wanted something more chill,"

The blonde nodded, directing her towards a table near the large windows.

Just as the pair sat down across from one another, a waiter had already came up to their table— two menus in hand. And just as quick as he appeared, he had left them alone to tend to the other customers.

In a comfortable silence, the 'couple' looked down at their laminated sheets of paper— eyes scanning across the numerous items offered. For a brief second, Jisung peered over the menu at Aeri, catching her yawn whilst flipping hers to the other side.

"Late night?" He questioned, mirroring her actions, bring his orbs back down to the food selection.

Aeri hummed in reply, "Mhm."

"What kept you up?" His words triggered her mind to rethink of the thoughts that had swarmed her until early morning.

Met with the icy change in temperature, Jisung shot up instantly. He looked around with his wide eyes, panicking that he didn't initially know his surroundings, but as he spotted the concerned looks on familiar faces, he calmed down. His erratic heartbeat that pounded mercilessly against his chest gained control of a steady beat.

He was sat on Jaemin and Jeno's living room couch, with his group mates hovering around him— watching him intently like hawks. He didn't blame them. He knew he looked crazy from the way he had a mix of cold water and perspiration rolling down from his scalp, his bangs sticking to his skin, and his lips parted as he heaved softly for fresh air.

Without a second thought, the blonde scooted himself off the cushions to stand, but immediately he was pushed back by a quick hand. Aeri had made it in front of him, no longer carrying his mug of tea as she's passed it for Mark to hold.

She couldn't believe Jisung right now. She threw a towel over his face as he sat back into the couch. Aeri began to dab his skin and ruffle his soaked locks, then moving her free hand to pinch his side— nagging like a mother. "Are you crazy? Don't just stand up! You just woke up from passing out! Are you even okay? Jisung?"