Chapter 122

A/n: If ya'll forgot who Alice was-I don't blame you, so i'll explain it, basically, she's the woman who works at the bakery with Lucia who Andrew tried to murder. If That cleared absolutely nothing up, than I should update this book more often 😅

TW:

•Death penalty
•Eating Disorder mentions
•Me getting political with the abortion talk once again just to spite ya'll 🤣
•Death, blood, bodies, murder..if ya'll don't know the drill by now, honestly-

It was supposed to be just another day. Another day of getting over everything, getting better, getting to work, joking around with Alex and Alice, -Virgil shipping them together, only to find out that Alice was gay-making sure Rose was okay-but no. There had to be something serious. Something to ruin the day's mood.

And one phone call did the trick. When she got the ring, she looked at the caller ID and told Alice she'd be right back. Her shift was nearly over anyways, and it was a very slow day at the bakery. Not even bothering to take her apron off, she rushed to the break room and pressed the accept button.

They said their hello's before getting into business.

'If we were to give Andrew the death sentence, what would be your thoughts on it?'

It was an officer-Sarah. She'd met her before, one time with Paul and Tiffany-but that was besides the point. The question at hand scared her. What should she say? The question echoed in her mind a couple times-she wasn't sure what to respond with.

"And this..is an if? Not a guarantee?" Lucia asked for clarification.

"Yes, just an if-we're still gathering evidence. Plus, this isn't even an official phone call, i'm out of office. I figured though, I may as well get to you before Paul-or god forbid, Carl got to you." She said.

"Oh thank goodness, i'm not good with these types of things-over the phone especially-but in this if scenario..." she began, pausing for a brief second.

But in that second, thousands of memories seemed to flash through her mind, first the good. The first date, the first kiss, the first hug. The proposal. The love, the happiness-but just like the second of pause, the happiness was brief.

More memories flashed. Memories of the bad times. The first slap, the first screams, the first drink, the first beating, the first time he murdered one of her unborn children-the first rape.

But her own personal feelings weren't enough to give a definitive answer. One that she would feel confident with. But then she thought about some more things. How many people he'd killed, and raped, and tortured. People she knew, people she didn't.

Families, and children, just coming up dead, found in nearby rivers or forests, with Andrew's finger prints all over them. Bloodied, decayed bodies floating down ponds..they were horrible, and mutilated.

And that bastard hurt her son scarred him likely for forever, killed her daughter, not to mention the pregnancies-

Her mind was fighting her for an answer, even as the next words came out of her mouth.

"...I would have to say, do what you must to make the world safer..not just for me, or for my son, but for everyone. Even though I hate to say it..the world would be better without him. Letting him live is just sealing the fate of-of so many more people." She concluded.

"Yeah, even if we let him live and didn't let him out of jail, he would probably end up finding a way. I'll admit, the police officers that guard the cells are complete dumb asses. But this is just an if." Sarah said, saying her goodbyes, and hanging up.