Earth- P34C3

World Peace

    I live on an earth where world peace was achieved, seems impossible, right? No. It isn't. None of us really achieved it, the problem kind of sorted itself out. There was a species of vermin, the invaded, killing our brothers and sisters, tearing our homes down and poisoning us, they hunted us for sport, me and my kind to near extinction, but thats a tale for another day.

    My sister had just come back from hunting, she caught some Gazelle for me and the rest of us. I love my family, I'd go through any lengths to protect them, There's my little brother, Aza, my mother, Obi, my sister Tandi, and me, Oko we live in Tanzania, its pretty hot, but I like it my neighborhood is harsh, everyone seems to be on edge, but a community's a community. 

  "Where did you catch those Gazelle?" I asked Tandi. "They were drinking water at a lake, and I just took them out before they realized I was there." Tandi replied. "Nice, these are going to be great!" I got my mom and brother, and we all ate the Gazelle, and went to sleep. That night I heard something 'BOOM' The ground shook, and i alerted my family "They're Back, The vermin! They have returned to hunt us!" I shouted. 

     We all made a run for it 'BOOM' I heard. The vermin had always used loud tools to fight, they could kill creatures long distances away from them. 'BOOM' I heard, the sound getting closer. 'BOOM' The sound was deafening, a ray of light instantly appeared in front of me and my family. "Oh." I said My mom slapped me and we walked home.

    "I should have known that the humans hadn't returned, they were all wiped out by the Gaia pandemic." Mother said. "What's that?" Aza asked. "Its a disease, released by the earth, that immediately kills any humans that come in contact with it. This virus leaked from the earth, and within a week, 99 percent of the human race were killed, and the 1%  that were stuck in their bunkers and whatnot didn't last long after that.

    When their supplies dwindled, they turned on each other, killing each other mercilessly, they went extinct, because their own ambition turned the earth against them." She explained. "Dang, mom thats a little dark to be telling a little cub." Tandi said. "Well, we're lions, we're supposed to be brave." My mother told us. I'm glad that the humans were gone, they were bound to fail eventually. Now we can  finally enjoy true world peace.