"calling you up,"

Ophelia was sure she was the first witch or wizard at the home, unless there were others who kept it a secret

Ophelia was sure she was the first witch or wizard at the home, unless there were others who kept it a secret. She also noticed that the Matron seemed to be more scared of her and avoided her in the hallways.

That night, when the silver bearded man had left, the Matron called Ophelia into her office. She was surprised that she called her into her office after lights out because they weren't even allowed to go to the toilet during the night.

As she approached the door, she reached out her arm and knocked clearly. "Come in," She called out which made her twist the door handle and step in. "Close the door." The woman ordered as she put some papers into a draw.

"Sit." The Matron ordered again, nodding at the chair on the other side of the wooden desk which she sat down in. "You may think you're special now because of your abnormal skills," She began, spitting her words. "But you are not to tell anyone." She added forcefully.

"I am already embarrassed that such a freak resides under this roof. The last thing I want is others knowing about it." The older woman added with a hiss, glaring at the young girl.

Ophelia was not surprised by the way the woman who was meant to be her mother figure spoke to her. "Do you understand?" She asked. Ophelia nodded. "Yes." She replied.

"Yes ma'am." The Matron corrected. "Yes ma'am." Ophelia repeated which made her hum in satisfaction. "Now get to your dorm." She ordered.

~☕︎︎~

The next day, after breakfast, Ophelia needed to go and get her new items for school starting in September. At first the Matron refused until an owl flew into her office with a letter, commanding her let her buy her books at a place called Diagon Alley.

Ophelia was extremely excited. This was the first time she was allowed to leave the Manor apart from going to Remus's cottage.

The two stood awkwardly at the local bus stop, standing in their uniform. The Matron has refused to allow Ophelia to change into her normal clothes and was forced to travel down to London in her uniform.

She tugged at the itchy jumper to stop it from scratching her skin, sitting slumped over. When the Matron noticed, she dug her boney finger into her back. "Posture." She hissed.

Just then, the bus appeared on the road and she ordered Ophelia to put out her arm. The bus stopped and the doors slid open, letting them board it. It was fairly empty other then a few grandmothers sat at the back.

Ophelia tried to sit right at the back but the Matron ordered her to sit beside her at the front. She ignored the stares she was getting as she collapsed into the seat beside the woman.

~☕︎︎~

Once they finally arrived, Ophelia almost ran out off the bus. She gazed around the station in awe. It was completely different from the quiet Yorkshire countryside.