Chapter 9

Family

3rd pov
Tanjiro soon received words to go to Natagumo mountain because a great number of demon hunters died on the mountain.

It was already night when he arrived to mount Natagumo, he could smell blood and hear the screams of the slayers and Tanjiro thought 'that's what you get for trying to kill my father'.

He then entered the forest, he saw many corpses laying around, he could sense a few demons on the mountain, but no one had to take a bite of their feast. Tanjiro saw many spiders and webs on the trees and ground. He pretty much already knew on whose mountain he was walking around, Rui, lower moon 2, one of the few demons he considered family.

As he was going up, many of the corpses started to attack Tanjiro. But what was interesting was that they were controlled by spider thread.

'Oh my, another member of the family, wouldn't it be sad that they die? They probably don't know who I am anyway, only beneficial in the end. We can try to kill each other without worry.'

The plan that Tanjiro had in mind was pretty simple, if the demon would've known Tanjiro, they wouldn't have attacked him, and if they come face-to-face the demon might have begged for forgiveness, weird coming from demons who have so much pride and ego. In any ways, that was only simplifying Tanjiro's mission.

Tanjiro then proceeded to follow the scent of the demon but had to "kill" quite a few humans that were controlled by the spider threads. When he arrived at the source of the demon sent Tanjiro wasn't very surprised to see the "mother" of the family that Rui recruited. It has been quite a few months since the last time he saw him, Tanjiro didn't know what to do since he was probably way stronger than the last time they saw each other, so does he have to kill him or not? That was a difficult choice, he decided to kill him, the best course of action.

Tanjiro continued to walk up the mountain and he easily found Rui's family, all had spider features. He killed them all, using moon breathing, except one that he followed, and she guided him to Rui. When she told him that only a little boy had killed the whole family by himself he became furious, he tortured his "sister" because she was useless and then told her to kill other slayers down the mountain. When she was gone Tanjiro came out of his hiding spot to do a back hug to Rui, he was surprised sure but happy to see him.

Rui then turns to face Tanjiro and gave him a real hug, Tanjiro whispered: "I'm sorry Rui, will you forgive me if a kill you, it's for father."

He then received a slight nod from the other boy. Tanjiro then proceeded with the painless breathing technique, water breathing, fifth form, Blessed Rain After the Drought. Rui soon died after his body was burned to ashes, with a smile on his face thinking that he had at least Tanjiro as family.

When Giyuu Tomioka arrived at Tanjiro he was surprised to see that he was still alive and that he easily killed a lower moon by himself. He thought to recommend him for a higher rank. But soon after Tomioka had recognized the demon girl that was next to Tanjiro, he remembered her of a house where the whole family was killed, it seems that she was turned into a demon. Tanjiro didn't want the pillar in front of him to kill his sister.

He said, "SHE IS NOT A THREAT TO HUMANS!! She protects us!!"

"And can you prove it?"

"Yes, I can! And if you don't believe me, do it yourself"

Tanjiro cut his arm in front of Nezuko's face to show that she had to hunger for humans. That was a complete lie, the only reason she wasn't hungry is that she had eaten not too long ago.

A crow then came with a message, "CAW! CAW! TANJIRO AND NEZUKO ARE TO GO TO HEADQUARTERS NOW!! TANJIRO WITH A SCAR ON HIS FOREHEAD AND NEZUKO A DEMON GIRL WITH A BAMBOO MUZZLE!!"

The pillar looked closely at Tanjiro and Nezuko and said to follow him, which they did. While walking down the mountain, they saw many corpses, Tanjiro didn't look bothered at all, and Tomioka looked troubled by the fact that a 10-year-old boy wasn't discussed in the view of dead people. When they arrived at the base of the mountain the sun was slowly rising, making Nezuko hide in her box.

"Hello there~, my name is Shinobu Kocho, I'm the insect pillar. If you will please follow me~."

Tanjiro was happy to know more and more about the strongest demon slayer, the pillars.

"Yes, of course. I'm Tanjiro Kamado, Mizunoto." (Mizunoto being the lowest rank in kny). Shinobu tied Tanjiro's hand behind him with a rope, she blindfolded him using a piece of cloth, she also knocked him out cold, just to be sure for him not to know where to headquarter was.

When Tanjiro woke up he could sense many strong presences, even though he couldn't see, a kakuzu (cleaner after killing a demon with many deaths) took off the piece of cloth and told him that they were all the Hashira, also known as pillars. Just from their haori and uniform, he could tell their breathing technique, damn obvious. There were eight of them, it was different from the information he had received, there were supposed to be nine of them. Not too long after, a man came screaming, he had many scars over his chest that he was proudly showing by opening his uniform. But what shocked Tanjiro is that he was holding the box which Nezuko was in. A kakuzu followed him telling him to give them the box, but he refused. Tanjiro was going to say something before he took his katana out of its sheath, and stabbed Nezuko through the wood of the box.

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?! STOP!" Tanjiro said madly.

"If you want me to stop, do it yourself, coward!" The scarred man responded to Tanjiro with a smile on his face.

Even though his hands were tied to his back, he didn't hesitate to charge at him. The man tried to slash Tanjiro but he dogged him quite easily and gave him a kick in his side. All of the hashiras were shocked, at a pillar being kicked this easily. The scarred man dropped the box a the same kakuzu rushed to take it.

"Hello, my sweet children."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey people! I know it's been a while... but but but! For the people that want to start a Rui fan club (if you know... you know) my discord is; the_25th_night_ #1924. Please contact me ;)

Miss 25th night
1121 words