20 || progress two

alexa, play wish you'd make me cry by upsahl 

DAY 20

Flashback of Last Night

        James admired Amelia in his post-sex stupor as she struggled to calm her ragged breathing with her petite fingers laying on her sweaty chest. She looked angelic, exposed this way for him across his sheets, wearing only her disheveled, lavender panties. Her raven, curly hair had fallen out of her loose bun, now sprawled out around her head and down her shoulders, clinging to her damp skin. He could observe her in this state all night. 

        "It was my sister."

        Amelia's tired, amber eyes found his with curiosity. 

        "My dream," James reminded her quietly. "It was about Rebecca." 

        She suddenly perked up, turning to prop herself up on her elbow as she realized that he remembered. "You remember her name?" 

        Amelia watched as his blue eyes fell slightly at her words. As exciting as this progress was, she needed to keep in mind that it undoubtedly wouldn't be as exciting on his end. Hesitantly, she reached up with her weak fingers to touch his cheek, comforting him. "What was the dream about?" 

        James remained quiet for a while, before saying, "If I tell you, you won't look at me the same." 

        "James," she cooed softly, her brows furrowing together. "I would never judge you. I'm not here to judge you." 

       He allowed himself to bask in Amelia's reassuring touch and safe, hazel eyes for a few moments, sucking in a sharp breath as he tried to find the courage to tell her what he was about to say. 

        "I remember my family ... and that I killed them." 

        Amelia should have felt shocked, disturbed even, but somehow all she could focus on was how sad James appeared to be as he said it. Examining the way the pain flooded his orbs and features as he confessed this to her made her feel uneasy. No one should have to feel as much torment as James did, all the time. 

        "That wasn't you, you have to know that," she whispered, rubbing his cheek now. "You would have never done that, The Winter Soldier would."