Chapter 1- U.M.S. Royalty

*CHAPTER CONTAINS SWEARING*
Marinette felt like crap. She sighed as she stood on her balcony looking over the city. She felt like an idiot for ruining what could have been a great time tree planting by moping about Adrien and leaving her friends behind.
"Hello," said a voice from behind her. She jumped and turned around quickly to see Chat Noir crouching on her railing.
"Chat Noir?!" Marinette gasped, stepping back. "God, you scared me!"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to." He said sitting on the railing.
"It's okay just... What are you doing here?" She asked taking a step back toward him so they were next to each other, looking over the city. "Don't you have some superhero business to attend to?"
"No, not tonight. Plus I don't really feel very hero-ish tonight." He said. Neither do I, Marinette thought. "But I don't know, I just don't really want to be alone right now. Would it be okay if I just hung out with you for a little while?"
"Sure, I'm Marinette by the way." She said, offering him her hand to help him get down from the railing.
"Yeah, I know." He said jumping down without her help. "We've run into each other a couple of times."
"Oh yeah, the Evilstrator," Marinette said thoughtfully, "I can't believe you remember that you know with all the people that you save."
Chat laughed, "of course I remember you, you were incredibly brave."
"Thanks," Marinette said. She was surprised by Chats behavior, she wondered momentarily how many people had gotten late night visits from the black clad superhero, still tonight he seemed different. "So what's got you down Chat? Why don't you want to be a hero tonight?"
"I don't know," Chat said, glancing over at her, "I can't really explain it. It's kind of dumb."
"That's okay," Marinette said, hoping she hadn't pushed him too much. Though she suspected that having his ass handed to him back at the Agreste Mansion was a bit of a blow to his ego, so she chalked it up to that. "You can stay here as long as you want."
"Thanks." Chat said looking back at the view. After a few moments of awkward silence, Marinette decided she wanted to break the tension.
"So... I heard you, Ladybug, and the team got into it with some villain earlier today... Do lots of people get visits after big fights?"
Chat's ears twitched and he looked at her confused, "What do you mean?"
"I mean like is this how you wind down after a fight, like you come and visit random citizens?"
Chat chuckled, "no not really. This is actually the first time I've done this."
"Wow, I'm honored." Marinette said, and she was. Then after a moment she asked, "if not this how do you usually calm down after a big fight?"
Chat thought for a moment, "I guess I play video games."
Marinette snorted, "you play video games? After you finish fighting real super villains you decide to fight fictional ones?"
"What can I say, I'm a hero through and through."
Marientte rolled her eyes, "What games do you play?"
"It's really just the one, maybe you've heard of it, it's called Ultimate Mecha Strike 3."
Marinette's eyes lit up, "no way! I love UMS! I play it all the time! I actually won a tournament for it."
"That's so cool," Chat said. Of course he knew this, as he was almost her partner in said tournament.
"Do you wanna play?" she asked. "I have controllers in my room if you want."
Chat smiled, "Of course! Although I feel it's only fair to warn you, I'm really good."
Marinette rolled her eyes and turned around to open the trap door.
"I'm not kidding!" Chat said as they went down the ladder into her room. He glanced around to see that her walls were plastered with pictures, lots of her friends, Alya was heavily featured and some fashion magazines. Chat felt a small pride boost to see that his civilian self was also featured.
"Well," Marinette said playfully, "I've never been one to back down from a challenge."
Chat laughed and went to sit down in the chair next to Marinette's so that they could both see the screen. "I'll go easy on you."
Marinette made a noise that was somewhere between a laugh, a scoff, and a snort. "I appreciate it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marinette, what the fuck?!" Chat said throwing down his controller after losing for the 17th time in a row, (not that he was counting or anything.) "How are you so good at this?"
"I told you I was good!" Marinette said.
"No I'm good, you are like UMS royalty!"
"Oh I'm sorry Chat," she said feigning innocence, "should I have gone easy on you?"
Chat raised an eyebrow at her, "feeling a little cocky are we now Princess?"
Marinette giggled at the nickname, "maybe," Marinette said in response to Chat, flipping her hair casually. "It could be a side effect of winning that many times in a row."
"You know what? Some of us have other things to do other than sit around and play Ultimate Mecha Strike 3 all the time, I also have to be a superhero sometimes!" Chat said.
"Hey, you're the one who said you were 'really good at this game.' That was you, not me."
Chat put his hand to his chest in mock hurt. "You wound me."
"I think you'll survive." She said laughing and rolling her eyes and starting another game.
Chat had to admit that this was much better than playing by himself. Though he couldn't begin to imagine what the difference would be if it was his civilian self sitting here instead. He wasn't sure what he had done but this Marinette was not the one he saw everyday at school. He knew that Adrien and Marinette were friends, or at least he considered her a friend but in just the couple hours he had spent with her as Chat she seemed more comfortable than she ever was with Adrien.
"Chat? You good?" She asked, looking up at him. He realised that their game had ended with yet another win for Marinette, and that she was waiting for him to hit the rematch button.
"What? Oh yeah sorry, just lost in thought." He said. "Wanna play again?"
"Are you sure? I'm really good." Marinette said, parroting his words from earlier.
"Yes, I'm sure!" He said. "And this time I'm going to win!"
Chat did not win that time, or the next, or the next, or for 3 times after that. It was another 30 minutes until Marinette finally let him win.
"Haha! Suck it! I win! You lose!" He said jumping up and dancing around her room.
Marinette giggled, "okay okay, no need to rub it in!"
"Sorry, sorry!" Chat said, stopping his dance. "I should probably go home."
"Oh," Marinette said, glancing at the time to see that it was 1:24 AM. "Oh crap yeah you should. I need to get to bed."
"Yeah," Chat said, helping her up from her chair, she walked him to the balcony where he turned to her one last time. "Thanks for tonight. I know we don't know each other very well but this was really fun."
"Of course, you can come by anytime!" she said and pulled him into a hug.
"Thanks for letting me win," Chat whispered into her ear. He pulled away and kissed her hand. "Until next time, Princess."
"Until next time Kitty," she said blushing, as he jumped onto the roof and glided home.

Words- 1248

A/N- wow first chapter done... kinda fun. Let me know what yall think.
QOTC- how long do y'all want chapters to be cause idk. Like this long? Longer? shorter? Lmk. kk love yall