Alive- XLIV

A/N:

Well... sorry for the delay again, I've been in and out of the hospital this year unfortunately.  Fun fun times we are having. Hope you guys like the update though buuuuuuuuutt I really didn't get a chance to edit this. Please help me out and comment under errors if that's okay?

Thank you for your help

-Helium
.
.
.
.
.

My eyes felt heavy and tired, my feet aching, my finger joints sore. The one thing that kept me awake was the cool pre-dawn breeze. I wasn't used to walking the long many streets from my school to my home in the dark. An odd quietness awaited me when I left the school at 4 am Tuesday morning. The stars were still out but a lightening glow had begun to appear on the far horizon.

I lived about four miles away from the school, in a quiet neighborhood.  Normally the walk passed by quickly enough, but the tiredness of my muscles quickly caught up to me. Pulling an all-nighter was not something I normally did. And, as off as it sounded, painting at great lengths while not being manic was oddly daunting. If I let the demon paint; if I let my journal take hold, hours could bleed by and I wouldn't notice. But this night was painted by something else inside of me... something sane.

I was utterly drained. At 5 am, with the lightening dawn sky, I stepped into my house and headed for my bed. With only an hour set on the clock.... I laid my head on the pillow and fell instantly asleep.

.

.

The alarm was not welcomed. I grimaced at its aching blare. Tenderly I rose, swiping the phones screen, and began getting ready for school.  As I stared into the mirror, I could see the dark circles under my eyes, the slight redness around my iris, light blond hair spiraling about. I sighed and hopped into the shower, trying not to dwell on how long this day was going to be.

Even before I headed down the stairs I knew where my mother was. The news played softly in the background and she was clacking a plate eating her breakfast. As I trotted slowly down the stairs she perked to the noise and looked back at me, the sofa in front of the TV blocking most the view of her by a small table.

"I made extra breakfast if you would like." Her voice was easy, but it tapered off at the end. Her eyes widened in surprise now that I had finally rounded the sofa and was in full view, "Alys, why do you look so-"

"oh... I was out all night." I came around to stand in front of her, "Sorry."

"Not even going to lie?!" she asked incredulously.

"No," I said softly, "I don't want you to think it was a nightmare or something. I'd rather be honest. I was out late but I wasn't doing anything.... I'd regret." I couldn't say bad. I couldn't lie to her like that.