Nine

If you asked me what freedom was, I would have a handful of descriptions for it.

It's driving full speed down a motorway, top down. The wind in your hair, music loud and your arms spread out like a bird flying. That was freedom.

It was watching the sunset with a group of hippies and then attending a party at the beach. It was having daisies in my hair whilst learning how to surf. That was freedom.

I miss my family but I wouldn't give up anything for the time I'm having currently.

It was a little bit past 8 and in the horizon, you could see the sun's final rays. We sat next to each other, him strumming a calming melody on his guitar whilst I looked around.

"Literally utopia" he sighed proudly. "This is a lifetime achievement"

"I love it when you talk hipster to me" I smiled. "But yeah, it's great"

"What do you want to do this fine night?" He put his guitar down.

"They handed me this at the pier" I pulled out a flyer about an outdoor cinema. "It says they'll play 'Grease', 'Hairspray' and 'Chicago'..I want to go!"

"Well, we can find ourselves plenty of snacks and some blankets" he looked up from the flyer. "Let's get going"

Firstly, we stopped by a multi store to stock up on food and drink, then we got some blankets from a Salvation Army store.

It was already kind of crowded, mostly couples on the grass before a gigantic screen. We found a comfy spot by a tree and I went for the packet of crisps before the movie began.

Ross smiled at me. "You're adorable"

"I try" I opened my bag, hidden fairy lights on the trees lighting up at once. "Look at all of these"

I had a handful of Polaroids of the last 6 weeks, and it was a thick stack of them. We flicked through the dumb, funny, 'that can never go online I look like a burnt toe' moments until the film came on and then I didn't even make it to half of Hairspray; I was already asleep.

+++

mom💖: how are you both? We miss you so much?

I miss you to bits too momma, and we're good. I'm not sure about what we're doing today, we'll either go ice skating or something

mom💖: where's ross? And have you seen that dress? It's white and gold

#WheresRoss and ITS BLUE AND BLACK. He's casually dancing over there, 'Beat It' is on and his inner Michael Jackson is unleashed

mom💖: get it on tape!!! 😂😂

I lunged over for the camera and turned it on as he became suddenly so caught up in it and broke into some routine to it. Eventually I shot up and we both did the dance on the music video.

"Did you record that?!"

"Yes, it was too funny!"

"Okay, fine, but payback will be coming"

"Dear lord, now about that sushi restaurant you mentioned. Let's go"

filler but enjoy the cuteness for now