Chapter 40

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

Landon's arm wrapped around my waist protectively as we make our way to the fancy looking restaurant.

Andre and Dante trailed behind us as we walked through the doors.

A waiter approached us, Andre had stepped forward and talked to the man.

The waiter then signalled for us to follow him.

We reached a table that had four scary-looking men In black suits sitting there.

They all looked to be around in their late 20s, tattoos running up their necks and buff built bodies.

The one at the head of the table scanned me head to toe while smirking and then started to get up from his seat.

Landon saw this and tightened his hold on me as he pushed me behind him.

"Dimitri." Landon greets him coldly.

'Dimitri' sends an evil looking smirk towards Landon and nods at him.

"Angelo, good to see you." He greets.

Dimitri moved out of the way and motioned his arm out gesturing for us to sit.

Landon walks me over to the seat at the end, and he takes the sits next to me.

Andre sits across from Landon and Dante sits across from me.

The waiter poured wine into my glass and then poured an expensive-looking whisky into the other glasses.

I stared at the wine weirdly.

Do they not know we are underage?

Before the waiter could walk away Landon signalled him to come over.

Landon whispered something to him and he nodded and walked off.

"How are we all?" Dimitri says looking at us all with a smile, his eyes lingered on me for a second before returning to the others.

I felt Landon's hand come from under the table to my lap, holding it out for me.

I smiled to myself and took his hand in my own.

Our hands entwined as they sat on my lap.

"Cut the shit and get straight to the business." Dante said gruffly.

Dimitri's eyes lit up with amusement and he chuckled.

He clasped his hands together and sobered up.

"Very well then." He says.

"We want weapons." He states looking at Landon.

Landon's face stays emotionless as he waits for him to continue.