DOUBT

D O M I N I C  P O V

Stepped off the plane onto the tarmac back in England is the best feeling ever. Stevie is smiling and can't wait to get home to her familiar surroundings.

Can't blame her for the trip we'd had, a nightmare I want to get behind us and forget.

But for Stevie, it's not that simple when she closes her eyes to encounter her captor over and over. Just hope she can relax a bit more when we reach the penthouse and get back to normal?

We slide into the car, waiting to drive through town. "Dominic, when are you due back at the office?" Curl my fingers around her hand, "Not for a few days, but I don't want to leave you." Her eyes shine with the sun bouncing off the window, and her smile tells me she doesn't want to be left alone.

Turn to gaze out the window as we pulled into the underground car park. "Home sweet home," I said scanning around, waiting for the bodyguards to get in position. "I still have the wedding to sort." She said as the door opens and we step out. 

Pulled my jacket straight when I heard a feminine voice stepping towards us. Closed my eyes, not believing the nerve of this woman, "Mylean, fuck off." Raised my voice as Stevie steps out and Mylean steps back with a surprised expression to encounter her. "Well, if it isn't the tramp," Snapped my head round to where she stood, making fists and boiling with her words.

Stevie just moved away, not saying a word, "Dominic, she's a little gold digger. An opportunist. She's using you to get whatever she can," Mylean spits and Stevie shakes her head. "Mylean, I will not tell you again. Now fuck off before I call the police and have you arrested for harassment. And for another thing, you are barking up the wrong tree. Now fuck off," My rage just takes over.

Stepped over to Stevie, taking her in my arms, kissing the top of her head, "Dominic, I'm not with you for the money." Her whispered words are sorrowful, and Mylean's gotten to her. Cup her cheeks and smooth her warm tears from under her eyes. "Aww, baby, she's trying to get under your skin. Please, Stevie, don't let her get to you, and in any case, we're already married." Lower my lips and kiss her.

****   

Reached the penthouse to be greeted by my parents and Stevie's assistant. But all Stevie wanted to do was stay in the bedroom, curled on the bed with a fleece over her. 

Can't help but wonder if this is to do with Mylean just showing up like she did? Every time that woman shows up, it affects Stevie, and I get the silent treatment, which I hate.

Rested on the sofa with my mobile in my hand, listening to my parents talking about the wedding, but my eyes are on my phone staring.

Stared at my emails, but not reading them. I'm lost in thought about Stevie and how affected she is about Mylean calling her a gold digger. 

Not for one minute or second do I believe my Stevie is with me for money. Hell, she keeps asking me to approve a job for her, but I can't. 

If I'm honest with myself, it's because I don't trust any guy near her. I get jealous when she speaks to any guy, and I can't handle it.

I'm selfish to hold her back, but she's my wife and I love her more than anything, and I proved it.

"Dominic, did Stevie pick her flowers?" My mother brings me out of my thoughts. Shake my head and is about to answer when Stevie ambles down the stairs.

She's beautiful, sexy, loving, cares deeply for me, and she's funny, likes to have fun. "Stevie, mums wants to know if you chose the flowers for the wedding," I said as I placed my mobile on the table. She shakes her head, "I haven't had time, but I don't mind what you chose." The excitement is not in her voice, and her eyes look sad.