Chapter 165

Clary had moved the apartment to Alicante of all places, as Serena sat with Izzy in one of the bedrooms, pulling the shrapnel from her back.

Alec soon came in to check on them, him being so lucky that Jonathan didn't kill him when he'd escaped with the Morningstar Sword, more powerful than ever as he'd sprouted black wings and took off into the sky.

"How you feeling, Iz?" he asked as he bent down by her face, the girl lying on her stomach on the bed in a sports bra, giving her parabatai access to her back.

"Better," she said as Serena pulled out the last piece of shrapnel and handed Izzy a stele to activate her iratze.

"And you?" he asked his wife.

"Look, not even a scar," she said as she pointed to where the shrapnel had cut her cheek, the debris and wound long gone.

Alec chuckled at her before a knock on the door sounded.

"Can, uh, can I talk to Izzy for a second?" Simon asked and both Alec and Serena gave the girl a strange look before walking out of the room.

And the second they were out, and the door shut, Alec pressed his lips to Serena's.

"Alec, we can't do this. Not now," Serena said as they broke apart and Alec only grinned.

"Oh, come on! Jace and Clary are probably doing the same thing in the other room!"

Serena sighed.

"Quick. And I mean like five minutes quick."

Alec's grin was almost feral as he said, "I only need two."

And he pressed his lips to hers.