[14] - 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, WANDA was able to bring her lover back permanently. Y/N had been in the Soulworld, being transferred there when colliding with Thanos's gauntlet in the battle weeks ago.

But with the unprecedented power of Wanda's chaos magic combined with her grief, she unknowingly pulled him out of the realm. He had no recollection of his past life while in the Hex, only regaining his memories once leaving it.

Leaving the Soulworld did have an effect on Y/N...it seemingly stripped him of his powers, or at the very least dampened them. He noticed that when he couldn't use his enhanced strength or phasing ability in Agatha's lair. And when the Hex opened up during the battle, it kept him from flying.

Wanda felt this too. As they embraced, the feeling of the Soul Stone energy inside him wasn't as strong as before. It wasn't completely gone...but it was very faint.

"Y/N..." She began, "Your energy—"

"I know." He interrupted, feeling it too "But it doesn't matter. Being able to be here with you again is all I care about."

Y/N had an inkling that being revived somehow had an effect on his abilities. But he didn't care. The trade off was worth it, and Wanda felt the same way.

"Let's go." Wanda said, her arms still draped over his shoulder, "There's someone I need to talk to."

Y/N nodded, but before they can walk down the road, they looked back at the plot of land that used to be their house. The couple reminisced on the last week for a moment, remembering their time as a married couple, Vision, and their children.

A tear rolled down the man's cheek, and Wanda wiped it off with her thumb, planting a kiss afterwards. She missed them too. They wouldn't be forgotten, they'd be in their hearts forever.

The two continued on and made it to the middle of town. The Westview residents that remained looked on at them, especially Wanda, staring daggers. She looked down, feeling guilt, and tried not giving them eye contact. Y/N held her hand tightly as they continued walking.

Monica Rambeau turned and had a surprised look, not expecting to see them again. She also looked at the residents, noticing their angry demeanors.

"They'll never know what you sacrificed for them." Monica told Wanda, mentioning her children and Vision.

"It wouldn't change how they see me." She replied, "And you? You don't hate me?"

Monica shook her head, "Given the chance and given your power, I'd bring my mom back. You know I would."

"I'm sorry." The witch apologized with sincerity, "For all the pain I caused."

"I know."

Wanda sighed, glancing at Y/N before turning back to Monica, "I don't understand this power. But I will."

Y/N also looked at her, "Thank you, Monica." He didn't need to describe what he was thankful for, the lady knew that he was appreciative of her attempts to communicate with Wanda earlier in the week, and for helping his children handle the military.

"It's good to have you back, L/N." Monica replied with a nod, not bothering to ask how exactly he was back.

The three of them heard sirens in the distance, and the couple knew it was time to leave.

"Goodbye, Monica." Wanda bid farewell as she and Y/N walked away.

"Bye, Wanda."

Wanda immediately conjured her red witch costume and grabbed onto Y/N's hand. Knowing that he wasn't able to fly himself anymore, she was more than willing to help. She used her powers to also levitate him off the ground, making it easier for her to pull him while in the air.