Chapter 53

Chapter 53

In the game’s plot, the Thunder Unit, which was always in the forefront in the struggle against the villainous forces, had always been hailed as one of the most dauntless weapons at the end of the world.

But this plot would only happen at least a year later. A group of the strongest warriors would have to be selected in this cruel confrontation, and in the midst, the number of people losing their lives and getting seriously injured would only increase.

However, Zhang Zhiyin did not want to see this happening. He didn’t want to send them to their deaths with his own hands.

Chen Guang was a man with rare talent. Not only was he a strong Level 5 wind elemental ability user who was close to reaching Level 6, but he also graduated from military school and received formal combat training. Zhang Zhiyin asked him to work with other ability users in order to develop a training plan that allowed the team members to run, exercise, learn, and practice effective * fighting skills every day, and held regular meetings every week in order to allow the team members to exchange tips and techniques. 

In the beginning, the apocalypse was heralded by the chaos that swept through everything, even more so, ordinary people were forced to transform themselves just like ability users who could single-handedly kill the zombies. Many of their attacks were derived from their instinct. In the early stage of the apocalypse, all humans gathered together with the common purpose to defend themselves. In this precarious time, many of the fighters figured out their most suitable fighting methods against the zombies while working with one another. This was a biological instinct. It was rare for people to choose to go to the front lines in order to train together with other ability users there, on the contrary, most of ability users learned tips and tricks from each other privately.

However, a constant, scientific, and unified training could enhance combat effectiveness of a team in the face of a crisis. At least that was what Zhang Zhiyin thought. He hoped to train the Thunder Unit into the invincible team he saw in the game’s plot while also minimizing the casualties in the process. 

He liked Y, but that didn’t mean that he agreed with everything Y chose to do. It was just that he wasn’t living in the game the previous years, so he didn’t take the story’s settings too seriously. Instead, like a person suffering from a middle school grade two disease, he thought that kind of character’s setting was very attractive. If he were to actually live in this world, he would want to do things that oppose Y’s decisions, even though he really liked him.

That would be the greatest desire of the captain with the eagle necklace, Shang Si, and Old Zhu— to let the apocalypse end as soon as possible, so that human beings could live a peaceful and stable life again. 

Zhang Zhiyin announced that the existing Thunder Unit would be divided into two groups, the battle group, and the defense group. He chose twenty of the youngest, strongest, most promising, and outstanding people for the battle group, who would be responsible in handling the frontlines; this was what he envisioned to be the main force of the Thunder Unit; the rest would be put in the defense group, who would be responsible to support related jobs, where Old Zhu and other older members would be in charge of.

Implementing changes in any environment would undoubtedly be met with opposition. Zhang Zhiyin was not a stubborn person and was willing to consider the opinions of others. But when he decided to take a certain measure, he must ensure its implementation— and in the current environment, making use of the leader’s authority was a simple and effective way to ensure that the Thunder Unit would be unified.