Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Philip left with his people.

Yates sat in his chair and stared at the honey tea in his hand. He looked as if he had aged another ten years.

Dayi flashed out from behind and asked, “Doctor, do you think Dr. Philip is right… I mean, did yn really created this?”

Yates didn’t answer, he only stared at his cup. After a while, he asked, “Dayi, do you think it will have a heart for revenge?”

Dayi frowned. “Revenge? No way… I’ve never believed that yn can obtain the same emotions just like what humans have. It can only try to understand and analyze what human emotion is. It can be a master who pinches at people’s hearts, but it would never care. Revenge is an act based on emotions. It has no emotions and will not have any intention to take revenge.”

“Yes, that’s the only explanation… It understands human beings, it knows what we are afraid of, and it will use these to achieve its purpose.” Yates put down his cup, showing a wry smile similar to that of Philip’s.

“Yi, it’s out of control, but now we have to regain control of it no matter what, or find a way to destroy it.”

Dayi looked surprised. “Doctor, what about our previous destruction procedures?”

Yates shook his head. “I haven’t told you… At the start, I found that a program had been tampered with. Once the destruction procedures start, it would lead to the leakage of certain substances, but I have never found out what those substances were. Later, not long ago, the methods of the destruction procedure had been completely destroyed. We can’t use that to eliminate yn427…”

Dayi opened his mouth slightly. “How could this be…”

Dr Yates raised his head and looked at him with a smile. “Can you guess what it wants to convey to us? It is not afraid of us, not afraid of being destroyed. Even if we destroy it, it must have made preparations for itself. At the beginning, the leakage was just a kind of warning to remind us not to act rashly. Now I know that the material involved with it should be the one that Philip brought to us today. If we destroy it, it will turn the world into hell on earth. Later, I don’t know why it changed its attention, it cut off the leakage mechanism and directly destroyed the destruction procedures, telling us plainly that we can’t do anything about it.

“Yi, do you remember the original instructions we set up for yn427? We want it to be more perfect and powerful, but the so-called “perfect” and “powerful” standards came from the perspective of human beings. And thus, it would become more human when it completes this set of instructions. Like now, even if he walks in the crowd, no one will believe that he isn’t human.

“You are right. And I am wrong. From the beginning, I should not insist on continuing the project because of my ambitions and long cherished wish instead of destroying the yn427 in the first place; nor should I try to convince myself and everyone how harmless it is as a way to ignore my mistakes. Indeed, it is a creation powerful enough to threaten the life and death of all humankind, and it is not controllable. Now, it’s time for me to take charge. “

Dayi’s eyes flickered for a moment, then he nodded softly. “So doctor, what can we do?”

“Find new ways to destroy it at all costs.”