Chapter 188: Let's Run, Fox (IV)

"These are avani tracks." Mutu squatted down to take a closer look at the footsteps left behind and spoke heavily, "About two hundred of them."

狮族部落总人口有四百多人,其中二分之一是没有多少战斗力的老幼妇孺。如果雉狗趁狮族战士外出狩猎的时候过来偷袭,两百人足以将他们的部落吞没。

The total population of the lion tribe was around four hundred; about half of them were elderly or young lions that couldn't really fight. If the avanis chose to attack the tribe while the warriors of the tribe were out hunting, two hundred avanis were enough to kill them all.

尚可皱了皱眉,雉狗的行动比他预计的提前了几天。不过系统既然没有提示任务失败,那就说明偷袭还没有成功。

Shang Ke frowned. The avanis have acted a couple days earlier than he assumed. But since the System hadn't notified him of his mission failure, they had yet to annihilate the tribe.

"走!"穆图加快了的速度,和尚可一起奔向部落。

"Let's go!" Mutu quickened his steps and bounded for the tribe with Shang Ke.

随着距离越来越近,隐约可以听到杂乱的交战声。部落外围竖起了一圈三米多高的防护栅栏,栅栏后站着一百多名狮族人,有男有女,阵形零散,各自拿着一把武器,正在抵挡雉狗群的疯狂进攻。附近已经躺了不少尸体,有狮族的人,也有雉狗族的人。

As they got closer to their destination, the chaotic sounds of a battle reached them. The tribe had a defensive fence over three meters tall. Many lions and lioness beastmen held their place in front of the fence. Their formation was a bit scattered as they each held their weapon and defended against the attack. Countless bodies were already lying around, some to the lions and others to the avanis.

尚可看到栅栏,立刻明白为什么雉狗还没有占领狮族部落。因为他们这次有了防范,不像原来那样,被打了一个措手不及。

Shang Ke immediately understood how the avanis had not taken over the lions when he saw the fence. They were warned ahead of time and had placed defenses, so they were not badly beaten like the original story.

不过看他们的样子,估计也坚持不了多久了。部落现在明显战力不足,一部分应该还在外面寻找穆图,另一部分可能是外出狩猎了。

But from the looks of the situation, they wouldn't be able to last much longer. The tribe clearly did not have enough warriors. A portion should be out trying to find Mutu while another portion were out hunting.

穆图看到自己的族人被雉狗杀害,喉咙里发出愤怒的低吼,正准备冲上去助阵,却被一只手拉住了。

Watching his tribesmen being slaughtered, a low angry growl lingered in Mutu's throat. He was about to rush in and fight when a hand stopped him.

穆图转头看向身边的狐狸,脸上露出焦躁和不解的神色。

Mutu looked at the fox. Impatience and confusion were clear on his face.

尚可朝某个方向指了指,然后用树枝在地上简单勾画出一只动物的形态。

Shang Ke pointed in a specific direction, then drew a simple animal on the ground with a branch.

穆图心念一动,想起刚才回来时在河边看到的骡牛群,问道:"你的意思是利用那群骡牛驱赶雉狗?"

A lightbulb went off in Mutu's head. He remembered the bull herd they saw at the riverbanks while making their way here. He asked, "Are you trying to say to use that herd of loch bulls to drive away the avanis?"