Chapter 190: Let's Run, Fox (VI)

For the coming celebration, people began to store food, weave clothes, make ornaments, etc. Single young beastmen and women were even more energetic than the rest.

当穆图将猎物带回部落后,立刻引来不少人的围观。白魈这种昼伏夜出的生物,平时比较少见,它的皮毛洁白柔滑,不沾水,不沾尘,不宜腐坏,还带着淡淡的清香,让人爱不释手。

When Mutu brought his prey back to the tribe, he immediately attracted a crowd. White demons, a nocturnal creature, were relatively rare to be seen. Its fur was white and smooth, free from water, dust and rotting. It held a faint fragrance that made one not want to put it down.

特别是女人们,个个两眼发亮,用期待的目光看向他们的狮王,希望他将处理兽皮的任务交给她们。这不仅是一种虚荣,还是一种暗示。狮王将自己的仪式服装交给谁处理,就代表这个人很可能成为狮王第一个宠幸的对象。

The women, in particular, all had bright eyes, staring at their Lion King with expectant eyes, hoping that he would give them the task of dealing with its pelt. This was not only a vanity, but also a hint. When the Lion King gave his ceremonial costume to someone to deal with, it meant that this person was likely to be the first favorite of the Lion King.

但是,让所有人没想到的是,穆图竟然将猎物交给了亚努,一个天生残疾的狐族雄性。难道穆图打算让一个雄性帮他度过成年之夜吗?虽然不少狮族青年偶尔会相互舒解一下,但对他们而言,能够繁衍后代的雌性,才是他们最好的选择,交配起来也更加契合。

However, to everyone's surprise, Mutu gave his prey to Yanu, a male fox with a birth defect. Was Mutu going to let a male help him spend his adulthood night? Although many young lions would occasionally consort with each other, females who could reproduce were the best choice, plus their bodies fitted more.

众人不约而同将目光移到穆图身边的狐族少年身上,他身材修长,体态优雅,两条长腿笔直匀称,一头雪白的长发随意披散在背后,额前几束遮盖了大半面容,随着清风的吹拂,隐约可见一闪而逝的丽色,一条蓬松柔软的大尾巴,在身后轻轻摇曳,如同蒲扇一般。只是静静站着,就给人一种十分舒适的美感。

They all turned their attention to the fox boy beside Mutu. He was slender and graceful, with two long legs straight and symmetrical, a head of white long hair hanging freely behind his back, and a few fringes on his forehead covering most of his face. With the breeze blowing, the beautiful color of his eyes showed itself for a split second, and a fluffy and soft tail swayed gently behind him like a cattail fan. Just standing quietly gave people a very comfortable aesthetic feeling.

奇怪,那个哑巴狐狸原来有这么好看吗?和这样的对象一起度过成年之夜,似乎也不是那么难以接受......

Strange, had that mute fox looked this good all the time? It didn't seem so unacceptable to spend an adulthood night with such a partner...

穆图见不少青年的目光落在狐狸身上,心中不快,喝道:"都杵在这里做什么?干活去!"

Mutu saw that many young people's eyes fell on the fox, and his heart was unhappy. "What are you dallying around here for? Get to work!"

众人笑着一哄而散,只有女人们对一名狐族雄性抢走她们的风头有些不满。她们暗暗发誓,仪式当天一定要打扮得漂漂亮亮,让狮王选择她们作为成年之夜的伴侣。

They laughed and dispersed in a hubbub, but the women were dissatisfied with this male fox stealing their thunder. They secretly vowed to dress up beautifully on the day of the ceremony, so that the Lion King would choose them as his partner on the adulthood night.