Chapter 80

Chapter 80

Zhang Zhiyin followed Dr. Yates and Dayi into the core area of the laboratory. 

The room wasn’t small, but it was densely stacked with various instruments, desks, and computers. There was a space in the center that was separated from the surroundings by a special transparent material. Within it was a foundation that was as tall as half a person and a sphere made of unknown object with a diameter of about half a meter was placed on it.

Dayi pointed to the ball and said, “The original data group of yn427 is all stored there, then it got its own consciousness and began to run around.”

Zhang Zhiyin looked at the unknown sphere, lowered his eyes and nodded.

Dr. Yates personally brought him forward, performed an iris and fingerprint verification, entered passwords and a set of instructions. The transparent shield slid up to reveal a door suitable for one person to pass through. The space inside the protective cover was narrow. Yates beckoned Zhang Zhiyin to go in while he and Dayi would wait outside.

Zhang Zhiyin stood in front of the door and frowned. He then looked at Dr. Yates. “What do you want me to do?”

Yates spread his hands. “Do whatever you want, maybe talk to it? To be honest, I have no idea. The only thing I can confirm is that if you want him to exist, then he won’t ever disappear.”

Zhang Zhiyin breathed out and walked in slowly.

This was the place he didn’t understand, a field he didn’t know at all, but they said that Yin Nian was produced here.

It really is a miracle, for Yates and them, but for him, it was even more so.

Zhang Zhiyin looked up at the dome, lowered his head, and finally focused his eyes on the strange ball-shaped unidentified object. Slowly, he put his hand on it.

“Yin Nian… you promised me…,”

He muttered softly.

All of a sudden, the hall suddenly darkened, and then it immediately returned to its original brightness, but the electric currents were still very unstable. The bright incandescent lamp on the ceiling made a “whoosh” sound as it flickered violently.

Dayi looked at the ceiling and swallowed his saliva. “It’s him. He’s really back… Only yn can cause such energy fluctuations… “

In response, he quickly shouted to the other staff, “Shut down other energy equipment! Only maintain Class A energy supply!”

With a buzz, the hall was shrouded in complete darkness. Only the instruments and equipment within Zhang Zhiyin’s protective cover were still running, emitting a faint white light.

Zhang Zhiyin seemed to have no awareness of anything around him. He seemed to be immersed in his own world. In front of his eyes and brain, all these were what he and Yin Nian have experienced. In <Tomorrow>’s game, the dusty but full of emotions chocolate laboratory; in Hope Base where he held hands with him as he led him through the sand dunes in the virtual battlefield; Baiyin Station 7, when he pretended to be Shang Si and fought with him side by side, inadvertently protecting him from behind; in the villain base camp, he coaxed him when he was a kitten, holding him in the palm of his hands as if he were a pearl… Frame by frame, scene by scene, as if it was yesterday flashed vividly in his mind.