Chapter 89

Chapter 89

Zhang Zhiyin’s teleport locations were at random. It was a guarantee that he would land in Dr. Y’s base, but he would not know the exact location.

This time, he was sent to a familiar place— a white gate made of a certain new material was obstructing the path ahead.

Just like other places, behind the gate was a long passage stretching into the distance.

Zhang Zhiyin remembered that when he first came to Yin Nian’s base, he was a cat. He used to wander around with his cat form without any fear, and then he came to this place. But at that time, he had a cat body that was too small to even push open the door. When he was wandering in front of the door, he was caught by Yin Nian.

He still remembered that time when Yin Nian held him in his arms and gently told him, “Mimi, you can’t go into this place.”

It was just like that scene from the children’s fairy tale, “The Seven Wives of Bluebeard”.

Zhang Zhiyin didn’t care and pushed the door open.

For a moment he was dazzled by the light that shone suddenly from inside.

Zhang Zhiyin hurriedly raised his right hand to cover his eyes. He put it down after three seconds had passed. Through the gap between the door, he could see a large piece of transparent ice crystal that was reflecting a blue shimmer. The chilling air filled the whole room, and a bouquet of bright red roses were frozen right within the center of the ice crystal.

The delicate flowers had always been sealed in its most beautiful and fresh moment by the ice, and even the dew condensation on the petals was still clearly visible. The flower stems were also tied with gorgeous gold and silver double color ribbons, on which were written: “Qixi Festive’s special love for the special you, <Tomorrow>’s exclusive most beloved rose”. 

It was the rose of that year’s special task for Qixi Festival, where he spent a lot of effort to obtain the roses to give them to Yin Nian.

So Yin Nian hid it in this place without even letting him know about it.

Zhang Zhiyin was stunned for a moment until a slightly cold but extremely familiar voice came from behind him,

“What are you doing here? This is not where you should be.”

After experiencing so much, Zhang Zhiyin wanted to strangle him when he heard the other party talking like this.

In between his thoughts, Zhang Zhiyin quickly made a decision.

He abandoned the speech he had prepared, changed his expression and pretended to be calm. “I’m here to say goodbye to you.”

Yin Nian stood there quietly, not speaking.

Zhang Zhiyin said, “Yin Nian, I think you’re doing very well now. We are two different species. We shouldn’t have been together. By being together with me, you are going against your instincts and nature. So let’s just end it here. Don’t kill me either, let me go back to my original world, I will not come back anymore.”

He vowed that none of the above he had so calmly said were true.

But inside he was roaring, if you have the ability to save me, to give me zombies, to keep my flowers… then you’re coming home with me!