Chapter 95

Chapter 95

In <Tomorrow>’s world.

There was one thing that Zhang Zhiyan didn’t know, and it was that the Dark Guards established communication through the mind instead of verbal commands. When someone talked, a similar implication would be reflected in their brain. For example, when someone said “eat”, an image of “eating” would flash in their mind. Previously when the zombies ran in circles because of his command, that was actually caused by the reflex ideas that emerged in his mind when he gave such an order rather than as a response to his voice.

When Zhang Zhiyin’s connection to <Tomorrow>’s world was cut by a person from E Lab, the Dark Guard that was originally guarding in the forbidden area lost their link to their master and had fallen into a standstill. Each of them was like a wooden statues and clay sculptures, standing expressionlessly in the forbidden area without any movement.

The Thunder Unit stationed in the forbidden area immediately noticed this abnormal and very soon, they discovered another more troublesome and serious situation— Captain was missing.

Dadao and Chen Guang tried their best to ease the anxiety within the team, at the same time, they had arranged people to search for Zhang Zhiyin’s whereabouts. But even they were on tenterhooks because when Zhang Zhiyin left, he didn’t give any clear indication of what he was going to do, and looking at their current situation, it was truly hard not to think of the worst-case scenario.

Under this tense circumstance, the people of the Cloud Sky Alliance guarding outside the forbidden area noticed this abnormality.

They first send a small number of people to scout the internal situation, after they had ensured that the Dark Guards wouldn’t attack them, they began to cautiously advance deeper.

Making use of the internal control system, Thunder Unit was able to delay Yun Chu’s people for some time, however, the disparity between their strengths and number were too wide. They also found it hard to lay their hands on their brothers and sisters who had fought alongside them against the zombies. So, two months later, the alliance finally succeeded in seizing the forbidden area’s control tower, which was where they were situated at.

Yun Chu ordered the capture of the Thunder Unit and had them under supervision.

He ordered his people to check the forbidden area’s items one by one. There was a faint smile hanging on the curve of his lips. Instantly, his indifferent bearing changed as he squinted his eyes and swiftly reached out his hand to take a palm-sized, transparent mirror-like item with an uneven surface.

The smile on his lips became deeper. This time it was a genuine smile.

Whether it was the perpetual motion machine or something else, they still weren’t comparable to this item in front of his sight.

The silly Zhang Zhiyin and Thunder Unit probably wouldn’t be able to recognize what this item was even if they found it.

Yun Chu had no intention to save, control, and definitely didn’t hold any intention to destroy the world. He took great pains to control Cloud Sky Alliance and E Lab— to look into the essence and the truth of this world.

He had been superior since young, grew up smoothly and seemed to be everyone’s role model. However, inwardly, he was terrified, because he always had this feeling that his life, his everything, had all been arranged. He was just like a chess piece that could only ignorantly let nature take its course and accept all success or failure, like he was walking on a fixed path that he couldn’t overstep.