• 186 •

Upon seeing his familiar handsome face, somehow, Cecil felt something warm embracing her entire being. It comforted her, whispering to her as if she could finally relax now and there was no need to be so wary anymore.

There was no need to put up such a tight guard around her anymore.

She did not even realise how tense she was.

The pain on her shoulder slowly faded away.

This feeling of safety and relaxing around his presence, it was something that Cecil felt she had experienced somewhere before...probably a long, long time ago. She faltered, taking a step back and trying her best not to stumble.

Xue.

Her mind called out to him once more, her heart skipping a beat as she maintained eye contact with the two men. The two of them proceeded to smile at her, one toothy and the other somewhat enigmatic.

It didn't matter.

They were all the same person.

There was only one thought running through her weary mind.

I really want to collapse into his arms now.

...and fall asleep right there and then.

Nevertheless, she couldn't possibly run off the stage and collapse into his arms right now.

"What are you doing? Aren't you getting off the stage?"

Cecil heard someone calling out to her from the backstage, and she turned to look at Tsuki. She blinked rapidly and she nodded distractedly, her voice soft yet exhausted.

"Yes...I am..."

Cecil bowed to the audience once more that were still applauding for her, plastering a smile on her face. Her onyx eyes lingered on the two men once more before she disappeared backstage.

"You changed your dancing style to fit ours," Tsuki smiled, impressed. "I suppose I should express my thanks for that."

The backstage was simply separated by some partitions and curtains. Just as Cecil left the stage, the lighting changed to signal a break before the next performance.

"Since you are providing me shelter and aiding me," Cecil smiled back. "The least I could do is maintain your reputation that you have on the line."

It was as if the relaxation spell was broken and Cecil could feel her strength being drained away yet again. Waves of pain struck at her shoulder again and she couldn't help but wince.

"Are you alright--"

"Miss Tsuki!"

A female employee came running, panting heavily. They whispered into Tsuki's ear and Tsuki had to cast her concern for Cecil aside when she heard the words they uttered.

"The owner?!"

"Ye-yes."

Cecil snapped her head towards Tsuki, controlling her expression to not show any pain.

"And to bring her along as well?"

"Yes."

Tsuki raised her eyebrows at Cecil. "You...do you actually know the owner personally? Why is he asking for you? He is not someone that simply calls for women or men to his side."

Cecil hesitated, her expression lukewarm.

How can I explain to you that he is a soul fragment of the person he entered with...