Chapter 41

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

I watched the man's body fall to the ground, blood gushing out of him heavily.

Landon had managed to shoot him right before the guy shot him.

When the man pulled the trigger Landon ended up kicking the gun and the bullet went through the roof.

"Layla close your eyes." Landon yells firmly and I find myself instantly closing them as I hear gunshots run through the place.

I jump at the noise and pull my hands over my ears.

Not too long after, everything goes quiet and I feel someone place a hand on my arm.

I jump in my spot and open my eyes and they come in contact with Landons.

"Don't look." His deep voice says seriously as he looks at me intensely.

I nod my head as he takes my hand and drags me out of the diner.

I kept my eyes on Landons back but my curiosity got the best of me as I move my gaze towards the bar.

My heart stops as I see bodies lying on the floor lifelessly.

The man who was talking to Landon, now laid on the floor dead.

Other masked men who must have entered were also on the ground dead as blood gushed out of them heavily.

The civilians around us seemed shocked and traumatised from everything.

Not that there were many people in the diner anyways. 

The ones that are though we're rushing to get out of the scenery.

The workers were also out of sight.

Just before I could look more, I'm being pulled out outside.

"Send men to clean the mess." Landon says harshly as he gets off the phone.

Landon looks back at me for a second and then turns back around and shakes his head.

"You looked." He states.

I bite my lip and say nothing as we walk towards his car.

He opens the door for me and I get in not saying a word.

He goes around to his side and gets into the car.

We sit there in silence.

I look over to Landon and see his head leaned back against the seat as his eyes were closed shut.

I watched his Adam's apple bobble up and down as he gulped.