65.

disclaimer: there's a lot of violence in here, including gun use.

'Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me'

*

Harry

'You're being too heavy handed, little gem!'

To this I only receive a handful of spinach thrown into my face.

This is the first moment of complete ease we've had between ourselves. Atlas is finally starting to return to her old self, or rather the closest thing to it. After losing her father, I don't think it's possible for that woman to reappear, she's forever changed by it. He was her best friend; I doubt she'll ever get over never seeing him again. Especially after the revelations that came before his death, and since clearing his stuff out.

Our role in this heist is far greater than anyone could have anticipated. It's not just a fun project to undermine the corrupt authority figures of the country. This has been ingrained in our blood from the moments we were born. A legacy created by our fathers and forced upon us without even realising it. Now we're in imminent danger, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Somehow, we haven't thought much about it in the past few days, our minds preoccupied with becoming reacquainted with one another after what felt like years apart. That first touch the other night felt like breathing again. Like coming up for air after being held under the water for too long. Our lungs filled with the same passion that coursed through our veins in that moment. I didn't think it would happen yet, I assumed it would take a while for her to even consider indulging in intimacy, but her desire to be held softly, no danger in the way, proved to me that she was ready. I had every intention of saying no, of waiting until I was sure she was in the right headspace, but this wasn't an excuse to forget her trauma. She wanted me because she felt safe and wanted to feel the full extent of it.

My diamond. I'll always protect her. The greatest gem in the whole world. People would fight for the ownership of her, but I am the one that has been granted permanent access, and I didn't even have to ask. She willingly opened herself up to me and it's the greatest gift I could ever receive. Because now I am hopelessly in love with her.

I didn't think myself capable of love for the longest time. When I started to consider it, I easily confused kindness with it, but now I know that the way my heart beats for Atlas is the truest expression I've ever known. I am not a monster like my father would have me believe. Despite his efforts, I did not become him. There is a purity that flows within me because I choose to love her. That makes me a better man.

Now, I intend to prove to Atlas everyday how much I love her. With every conversation, every caress, every kiss, even every silence, my goal is to show her.

Sex has been gentle these past few days, still riding on the high felt at the piano. Not everything between us has to be rough and energetic, it can be slow and careful and still evoke the same feelings. As long as she knows my love for her, I don't care how we go about it. Just to hold her close again after so long of remaining distant is enough.

Everyday I feel her love too. I know she's not ready to say it yet, too anxious over the intent of her words given her current mental state, but I can feel it. When she looks at me I see the same love radiating off her that I direct outwards too. In her words, her touch, her entire being, I know it's there. Actions speak louder than words. She'll say it when she's ready; I'll never push her.

This morning, after another moment of intimacy in the shower, we decided to cook together. Usually I'm in charge in the kitchen given my skills, but she insisted on helping today. She hasn't done much for herself in a while, so the fact she wanted to try gave me hope that she was finally opening herself up to happiness again. Finally finding the energy to go about her days despite the cloud of grief that hangs over her. I still see the sadness in her features, but she's learning to live with it.