C H A P T E R 9

I was on my way to the office now, in a bus

I was on my way to the office now, in a bus. I had to get up early at 6 so that I could catch the bus.

I saw the bus coming to a stop and an elderly man entered the bus.

There weren't anymore seats left, so he held his cane (which was broken and had cello tape in places) with one hand and the bus rod with the other. He looked homeless. He had dirty hair and dirty clothes and was bare foot.

I saw a 10 yr old boy sitting in his seat. His mother told him to stand up and give up his seat to the elderly man but instead the nuisance just rolled his eyes and disgustingly looked at the elderly man, to which the man looked ashamed and looked down.

The kid pulled his headphones back in and ignored his mom.

What is wrong with children these days?

His mother was carrying a girl in her arms or else, Iam sure she would have given her place to the man.

I immediately stood up and offered my seat to the man. The man was quick to refuse and looked down.

I went to him and wobbled a little because of the speed breaker. I touched his shoulder and guided him towards my seat. He sat down and put his cane on his lap. I saw that mother smiled at me and I smiled back. The elderly man looked at me and said in a low hoarse, shaky voice,"T-thank you my child, G-God bless you."

I nodded gratefully and went to stand beside the bus rod and gripped it tightly. Iam really clumsy and I donot want to embarrass myself in a bus full of people.

I smiled at him and he showed his half toothless smile.

As I saw the fimiliar stop come, I let go of the rod and prepared to get off.

I waved off at the homeless guy and descended down.

It was a 10 minute walk from the stop to the office and I was glad to walk so that my chubbiness can get a little less.

Today, I was wearing a white shirt with black knee length pencil skirt with black fishnets and black flat sandals.