Chapter Three

"Come on, eat" Delta orders, shoving a raw fish in your face, with your stare at it with a frightened expression.

When Delta receives no response from you, he misunderstands it

"Oh now I get it, you don't like to eat it with the head, do you?"

Your 'new' father, cuts the head off with his sharp teeth, before forwarding the fish towards you again.

"Why are you acting like that? come on, eat" he orders sharply, starting to get impatient with your refusal.

"I- I can't eat that" you stutter out, moving the fish away from you which made Delta frown.

"Why?" He demands

"Because it is raw, I only eat it cooked" you reply meekly, fearing that you might anger him more.

Instead of getting annoyed, his expression softens slightly.

"I will go search for more appropriate food for you on the surface, stay in the cove, and don't leave, understood?"

You nod your head at him, feeling relieved that he will be leaving you alone.

He smiles and swims away from the cove, leaving you alone.

Once you are sure that he is away, you wait for a few minutes before searching for a way to escape.

You plan to move far away from the cove then raise to the surface, hopefully, you will be able to continue swimming towards a land populated with people to get help.

As you start swimming out of the cove and through the wide ocean, you realize that it is failed with many wondrous creatures.

Huge fishes of all types, colors and sizes swim past you.

Which unfortunately made you forget your plan and explore the ocean more.     

You giggle as your childish mind enjoys the sights of your surroundings.

However, you are met with a horrifying sight that made your skin crawl in fear.

A shark is heading in your direction in slow motion, which made you try to swim back to the cove.

Yet, the shark fastens up its speed and follows you to the cove.

Thankfully, the shark doesn't fit through the narrow entrance to the cove.

You let out a whimper as you bring your legs against your chest and hide your face behind them.

When all of a sudden everything goes quiet and the shark is pulled away from the cove.

You slowly look up to only meet the angry eyes of your 'father'

"Didn't I tell you not to leave the cove?" you frown slightly.

How did he know that you left the cove in the first place?

"How did you know that I left in the first place?" Delta chuckles.

"Because I was testing if you would follow my orders or not, and it turns out that I have failed"

The merman grabs you by your hair causing you to whimper.

"Guess, someone, is eating raw fish today"