Chapter 24

The silence in the room was demeaning

The silence in the room was demeaning. Every one was as still as a statue, no one daring to actually say something. "Uh...I'm gonna go have a shower. Yes. I am going to take a shower." I finally said shaking my head vigorously. And sprinted up to my room.

In my room I could finally breathe. I didn't even know why I came here and why the hell did I have to go and open my big mouth! Ughhh. I hated this. I hated confrontation as a whole which is also why hiding your emotions deep deep down was always better.

In the end I did decide to take a shower. I let the day's events get washed away by the water along with the blood that was still stuck under my fingernails. Combing out I changed into normal grey sweatpants along with a zip up hoodie with a sports bra underneath it.

If I was going to tell them the truth about the past, I'm also gonna have to show some tangible proof with it. It didn't matter how much I hoped, they did hear me loud and clear and this wasn't a conversation that was going to be evaded no matter how I tried so there wasn't any point in trying.

Talking an exceedingly long walk downstairs, I finally entered the living room to see all of the others were still there. Xavier and Alex were sitting with their backs towards me, they were facing Dante and Marco who were sat at the couch, while Luca was the only one who wasn't sitting.  Standing by the doorway arms crossed.

As I got further in the sound of my footsteps seemed to draw the others out of whatever trance they were in. Alex got up with a start, gesturing for me to take the seat he previously occupied, I took a seat silently. No one said anything, and after a beat of silence I started to feel like I was suffocating.

"So..." I trailed off, I didn't even know how to start. How would I possibly start explaining years worth of torture. "Where do you want me to start?" I couldn't meet their eyes, it was too overwhelming. "From the beginning. And take your time."  I scoffed at that. "We're going to be here a while." I looked up to meet Alex's eyes. And I saw something flash in his eyes before he covered it up "We have all night."

I took a deep, long breath, you can do this Kate. You've been through worse, this is nothing.

"The story begins at five. Or at least that's the earliest time I remember. I don't think I can remember a time when things were 'good' it had always been bad. When I was young it was shouting and the occasional slaps. I cooked for myself more or less. Took care of myself, walked to school alone. In a just I was an adult by the age of 7.

That is when things started to take a turn for the worse. By the time I turned 7 punches and kicks were thrown into the mix, I was still pretty independent expect by now our mother and her boyfriend stopped taking care of the groceries, so it was me who used to get the food for the house, they never let me eat any of it, but I still somehow snuck some for myself.