Run-inns

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Josh wasn't sure how his sister in laws cafe became the hottest hang out around for NYU students. Maybe it was because he loved to come here out of support and just happened to tell everyone about it, or maybe it was because Topanga had the best coffee in town and that was where NYU students came to get their fix.

Whatever the reason was, he knew that walking through the door there wasn't a place to sit down. It was crowded, and he either knew or knew of almost everyone in the room from school.

"Busy much?" He said as he came to stand at the bar area where Katy was filling up the muffin bowl.

"It's been like this all week. We've had to order extra coffee grounds." Katy told him. Josh smiled.

"Makes sense. Finals are this week." He told her. Katy nodded her head.

"Maya's coming in to help. She should be here in a few minutes." Katy told him. Josh raised an eyebrow.

"Maya works here?" He asked.

"No. Not really. But I'm slammed and Topanga is stuck at the office until later. So Maya's coming in to help for a couple of hours." She explained. "And you are not to distract her." Katy stated as she pointed a finger in his face. Josh threw his hands up in surrender.

"Hey, I'm just here for a muffin." He told her. Katy hummed at him as he stole one from the pile in the bowl and placed two bucks down on the counter beside her.

"If I see her over here talking to you instead of taking orders, I'm kicking you out." Katy said in warning. Josh Grinned at her as he leaned against the counter and Katy grabbed her pen and paper to go take more orders.

Josh observed the people that were here. Some had earbuds in their ears while doing homework, others were hanging out and laughing obnoxiously with each other. He nodded his head at some people that he knew who waved at him. A lot of people in his school knew that he was related to the person who owned this place.

A few minutes later, Maya came into the cafe, her eyes wide as she noticed how many people that were in here. Her backpack was still on her shoulder meaning she probably came here straight from school.

She walked over and behind the counter, putting her stuff down underneath as she looked over at Josh with a winded look on her face.

"This is a lot of people for a Monday." She told him as she grabbed another apron and pulled it over her head.

"Finals are this week, most of these people are from school." He told her. Maya shook her head as she tied the apron around her waist and grabbed a notebook and a pen. "Riley not helping out?" He asked her.

"She's going on a date with Lucas." Maya told him. "Besides, our moms won't let us work together." Maya rolled her eyes. Josh laughed.

"Too distracting probably." He stated. Maya looked up at him and was about to say something but Katy came up to her.

"Uh uh, no." She stated. "I told you not to distract her, Josh!" Katy said. Josh laughed.

"She came over here to me." He told her. Katy moved him out of the way causing him to laugh harder before she reached down and grabbed another apron and pushed it into his chest. Josh stopped laughing.

"You're joking." He deadpanned as he glanced at the apron and then back up at Katy.

"Not unless you don't leave her alone." Katy said. "You two can talk and hang out later, but not now." Katy said. Josh relented and winked at Maya before walking over to the only empty table that was left.