Cooking

WARNING: this has nothing to do with the chapter, I'm just about to go on a rant. So beware. Chapter will happen below.

I don't care who you are, If you find yourself stuck in a "triangle" relationship and someone chooses the other person over you, let them go. Don't fight for them , don't try to argue, just let them go.
Especially if that other person wants you to fight for them. That's fucking bullshit.

If someone says to you "I'm choosing them but I want you to fight for me." Bro, no. Just no. That's so fucking stupid. They can't have their cake and eat it, too. I personally feel like that's such an attention seeking move that someone would put you through that heartache but then say "but I want you to fight for me."

To me that's like saying "this person doesn't have to try. But you have to prove yourself.".... It's bullshit.

If someone is choosing the other person over you, it has nothing to do because of who you are. It should be because them and that other person just have that connection. And that's okay if you don't, even if it's going to hurt like hell when it happens. But save yourself the heartache.

Besides, If they seriously have to choose between you and someone else, then chances are they aren't the ones anyway.

You deserve to have someone who wouldn't even look in another direction at ANYONE else. You deserve to have someone that no matter who else comes in their life, you are always going to be the person they look at and want.

Believe that. Because I do.

Now onto the chapter.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The smoke alarm had just gone off as Maya slammed the burnt Turkey from the oven onto the stove. She waved the smoke out of her face as she coughed, trying to keep from inhaling.

Maya sighed as she took off the oven mitts and through them down frustratedly onto the counter beside the oven.

"Make the turkey, they said." Maya mumbled to herself. "It's not that hard, they said." She mocked her mom and Shawns voice as she remembered the phone conversation that she had with them over the weekend.

They were on a holiday and wouldn't be home until thanksgiving afternoon, just about an hour before time for the Matthews and Hunters to have their thanksgiving dinner together. Topanga and Amy would be taking care of the rest of the food, Katy and Shawn were in charge of the turkey. But because they were on holiday, they wouldn't be able to make it this year, asking Maya to do it herself.

There was just one issue. Maya was terrible at cooking. It had never been her big thing. She could bake, spending all those afternoons hanging out at the diner her mom worked off really paid off as she was able to hang out in the kitchen with all the bakers. But cooking, she hated cooking.

"Why couldn't they ask me to make the deserts? Apple pie, pumpkin pie, cookies, cupcakes. But no, it had to be the turkey." She continued to vent to herself as she opened the fridge to take out another wrapped turkey that was being stored. She had just shut the door of the fridge when the front door to her apartment opened up.

"It smells like a chimney in here." Josh's voice spoke as he shut the door behind him with his foot as he was carrying a couple of bags in his hand.

"Hello to you, too." Maya stated as she didn't look up from the wrapping of the turkey. Josh put the bags he was holding down on the couch and made his way over to the kitchen.

"Please tell me that's not our turkey." He stated as he looked at the black turkey that the burning smell was coming from.

"It's not our turkey." Maya stated as she cut open the packaging of the new turkey and placed it into a fresh pan. Josh looked over and noticed some used pans that were already stacked up in the sink, then his eyes glanced over towards the burnt turkey on the stove.